Jamel placed Namiko's car seat in the back of the car, ensuring that it was securely fastened. He checked the straps and made sure they were snug but not too tight. I watched him, a smile playing on my lips. I love seeing him take in daddy mode.

I got in the car and sat beside Namiko and Jamel closed the door for me. I pressed the FaceTime button and Ameili answered right away "Show me my niece. How you popped a whole baby out and didn't know you was pregnant? I have so many questions that need to be answered."

I chuckled and positioned the phone to give her a clear view of Namiko "Here goes Namikooooo."

Namiko blinked up at the screen, her tiny features eliciting an excited gasp from Ameili. "Oh my God Semaijah,She's so adorable!" Ameili exclaimed.

"Thank you, I'm so in love with her."

"Shit, I am too. Oop! I'm not supposed to curse around a baby." Ameili covered her mouth.

I laughed at Ameili's slip-up. "It's okay, she's not going to remember it." I reassured her.

Ameili grinned. "So, how does it feel to be a mom?"

"It feels incredible. Girl i'm still in shock that I was pregnant the whole time like. I wake up everytime like damn i'm really a momma now."

"Bitch i'm in shock too like what? Now I might need to go get checked. It's a good thing everything turned out okay in the end. I can't wait to meet my auntie baby."

"You gotta wait a few weeks for that because we have to be cautious with her immune system, especially during these early weeks. But don't as soon as it's safe, I'ma make sure you're one of the first to get to meet her. She needs to meet her tete."

"I know that's right. Ima call you back later I gotta get back to work, My break done." She frowned.

"Alright, You better call me too."

"I will! Let me tell my niece bye." She demanded and I turned the camera so she could see Namiko.  Namiko looked up at the camera with her little fingers curled around my hand and Ameili cooed at her and blew her a kiss. "Bye, Namiko! Auntie misses and loves you already."

Namiko's eyes followed Ameili on the screen as she blew a kiss "We miss and love you too." I told Ameili before ending the call.

_____

"Where are we?" I asked Jamel as he parked in front of this house I've never seen before.

"We at yo new house." Jamel replied.

"Boy stop lying to me and tell me where we are for real. I'm already tired." I rolled my eyes.

"Ian lying to you. This our new house. You pushed out my baby and thought I wouldn't get you a gift?" He asked I looked at the house in front of us and my jaw dropped in surprise. It was a beautiful, grand mansion with white walls and pillars, and a large front yard with perfectly manicured grass and a fountain in the center.

I was speechless for a moment, "Jamel, this is..."I finally managed to say. "Boy you're crazy."

He grinned at me, "You deserve it, baby. And so does Nomi. This our new home."

I pouted, feeling overwhelmed with emotions and on the verge of tears. "Bae this is too much."

He reached out and gently wiped away a tear that escaped from my eyes. "You deserve the world. This just a small token of my love for you and Nomi. I want yall to have the best life possible."

I sniffled, "I love you so much, Ja. Thank you."

"I love you too too bae. Come on." He said and I opened the car door and stepped out and watched as Ja took Namiko out of her seat. I reached out to take Namiko into my arms, holding her close to my chest. She looked up at me with her innocent eyes, completely unaware.

"Nami we at our new home baby girl." I walked to the front door. Jamel gave me the key and I inserted the key into the lock, and with a click, the door unlocked "Wowwww."

"You like it?" Ja asked me.

"I love it, The inside is so pretty."

Ja smiled at me and gently placed a hand on my back, guiding me into our new home. I looked around in awe, taking in the elegance and beauty of the interior design. The walls were painted in shades of cream and white, with nice beautiful artwork adorning them. The furniture was modern and luxurious, with plush couches and chairs that looked incredibly comfortable. As we made our way through the house, I imagined the memories we would create within these walls.

"I got one more gift for you."

"Another?" I looked at him crazy.

Ja chuckled, "Yeah, another one. I gotta hold Nomi for this one." Ja gently took Namiko into his arms, cradling her. He motioned for me to follow him and I followed him to the garage. As we entered the garage, My heart skipped a beat as I stared at the black 2023 Mercedes-Benz G-Class adorned with a red bow. The sight left me breathless, and I couldn't contain my excitement.

"Bae!" I covered my mouth.

He grinned "Yeah baby that's all yours."

"Oh my Godddd. Thank youuuu." I gave him a hug before walking towards the car.

Ja's smile widened, "I keep telling you, baby, you deserve this. You've worked so hard, and you've always supported me. But most importantly, you gave me the best gift I've ever received." He looked at Namiko who was now asleep in his arms "I just wanted to show you how much I appreciate you and everything you do."

Tears welled up in my eyes as I gave him a hug "I'm really about to cry."

Ja hugged me back "You deserve the world and I promise as long as I'm here ima give you it."

I pulled back from the hug and wiped away my tears, "I love you so much."

Ja smiled back at me,  "I love you too, Mai."

•••

i just luv them so much