𝟑𝟑.

excuse any mistakes...

SEMAIJAH

I stepped onto the set of my music video and watched as the crew moved around, setting up lights and adjusting camera angles. As I made my way over to the director, I couldn't help but feel accomplished. This was my first big music video, and it was all coming together just as I had imagined. I walked over to the director, who greets me with a smile. "Semaijah, it's great to have you here. Are you ready to start filming?"

I noddef. "Yeah I am." I smiled before turning to face everyone "Hi everyone, welcome to the set of my new music video for "None of Your Concern. I want this video to really capture the raw emotion behind the lyrics. I want the viewers to feel the pain, the love, and the vulnerability that comes with a breakup. The song is about a past relationship and the emotions that come with it. I want to convey the message that it's okay to move on and be independent, even after a difficult breakup."

The director nodded, "Absolutely, we understand your vision and we're here to bring it to life."

"Where's Big Sean?" I asked.

The director looks around the set and calls out, "Has anyone seen Big Sean?"

A crew member rushes over and whispers something in the director's ear. The director turns back to me and says, "He hasn't landed yet but don't worry, we've planned the shoot schedule in a way that we can work around his arrival time. We'll start with some solo shots of you and then move on to the scenes with him once he arrives."

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Okay, that sounds good. Let's get started then."

We walked over to the first scene, which was set in a dimly lit bedroom. As I looked around, I noticed the incredible attention to detail that my set designers had put into the set. The room was surrounded by plants and soft lighting. It looks exactly like the one in my imagination when I wrote the song.

"Semaijah introduce yourself. This is for the behind the scenes." The other director Janelle came out of nowhere with the camera in my face.

"Oh! Hi guys. I'm Semaijah Summers, and today we're filming the music video for "None of Your Concern". It's a really personal song for me, and I'm excited to bring it to life through this video."

Janelle nodded, "That was good! Let's get started with the first shot then."

"Okay am I good like this?" I fixed my braids and sat cross-legged on a bed.

Ralph nodded, "Yes, that's perfect. We'll start with you in this position and the camera will be zoomed out to show the entire room then it'll slowly zoom in to show you more. Just sing as if you're in your own world, and we'll capture the emotion."

"Got it." I nodded and Ralph signaled for the music to start playing.

Oh, yeah, oh yeah
Uh, yeah

"I been contemplating, meditating, Should have waited, Should have never dated." I started singing directly to the camera.

As I sang, I closed my eyes and let myself feel the emotions of the song. The camera slowly zoomed in, and I could feel the set coming to life around me. I was surprised at how quickly I got into character. It was as if I was back in the moment, reliving the emotions that inspired the song.