014: Late night text

Pearl

Geraldine scurried to the microwave and brought out the food from it, she had decided to warm it, hoping that I show up soon and thank God she did.

Right in the living room, I sat on the couch with my food placed on my lap. Gee sat next to me, facing me, her knees bent in the easy yoga pose.

"How did it happen, tell me everything." She grinned

My nose scrunched up as I slightly turned in her direction, I wondered why she was getting excited about this whole thing. I would have just told her that I took a taxi. "Nothing to tell, Gee. He was driving by when he saw me and then stopped, he stayed with me and after the mechanic left, he offered to drive me to your house." I said and then placed a spoonful of the fried rice she had made into my mouth. "So delicious, Gee," I said in between chewing, before placing another spoon full into my mouth.

"You mean to tell me that Kachi Phillips drove you to my house and you didn't care to give me a call, I would have come and say hello to him?"

"Say hello to him?" I asked, raising my brows at her. "Wait till your husband hears this." I scoffed. "Where are they? Femi and Angel."

She glanced in the direction of the room, "they are sleeping in the room. He had a long day at work." She added

"Oh--"

"That is not important now baby, tell me everything about Kachi, what does he smell like, what does his smile look like? You know I used to have a crush on him." She blabbed on causing me to chuckle, I placed my hand over my mouth.

"He is not even all that. Well, he is handsome, no doubt. He has a beautiful smile, true." I smiled coyly as my memory darted back to all the time, he smiled earlier.

Why was my heart getting excited?

"You're already blushing," she nudged my arm, smiling.

My smile broadened as I shook my head staring at her. I could feel my cheek burn slightly. "But!" I said, immediately the thought of his rude words made its way into my mind and, my smile slowly faded away. "He isn't all that anyways, he is rude and arrogant."

"He doesn't look like that kind of person to me," Gee said and I threw a glance at her.

I took the chicken lap from my plate, stuck it in my mouth and decided to focus back on my food. I knew she wouldn't understand. Moreover, Kachi had maintained an image of a philanthropist which was the main and only part of his life, scattered all over the media. To everyone, he was the quiet, kind and humble rich boy.

"I can't wait for y'all to get married." She announced.

I cackled, turning to face her. "What do you think this is? A movie or have you forgotten we are just faking this?" I took another bite of the chicken and placed the meat back on my plate. I reached for the bottle of water I trapped between my lap, uncocked the cover and drank from it.

"I don't care, your light will charm him and he will fall head over heels for you." She smiled.

"Gee, just stop okay?" I said amusingly. "He told me to my face that I wasn't his type, so don't get your hopes up."

"Then you have to seduce him."

"What? Oh my God, what am I going to do with you." I chuckled. The Kachi I know wasn't someone who can be seduced.

The rest of my eating time was spent, talking eighty per cent about Kachi and the other twenty about Kelvin. Gee tried to tell me some ways I could seduce Kachi, which to me was nothing but a comic relief because I was laughing the whole time. With Gee, one can never be bored.