008: Back to work

Kachi

The week started, shoving me into a tight schedule at work and also, with lots of things to do at the charity organisation I founded. It was only Wednesday and I was already tired of the week.

I hadn't thought much about meeting Pearl again, until my mother called earlier, asking me about my girlfriend. I almost ratted myself out by asking, what girlfriend but then I remembered that I had already found someone for her. Yes, it was someone for my mother because I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't for her and now, I needed to go find Pearl.

I washed my hands in the sink as I stared at my face in the mirror. Exhaustion was written all over my face and if not for this, I would have just headed home.

After I dried my hands, I sauntered into my private office where I met James walk-in like he owned the place.

"Man, do you even work anymore?" I paused in my stride and directed to James.

CEOs always have much to do at work but he was always here towards the end of each day, only to poison my ears with details of his wild night out or a night with some random chick, which I never asked for. James was a proud womanizer, who changed women like they were a piece of underwear, but he was a good friend and I wouldn't trade our friendship for anything.

"I had the best sex of my life last night," he announced but I remained unfazed. This was like the tenth time he had announced to me, the best sex of his life since the year. I watched as he walked to the couch and slumped on it.

I slightly shook my head before walking to my desk and sitting on the seat behind."Who is it, this time?" I asked.

"I met her yesterday at the bar but I will be keeping her a little longer." He said as he reached for his phone in his pocket.

"Man, the week just started and already you can't leave these bars alone. Don't ever forget to protect yourself, whore." I said and James chuckled nodding his head. I have had a few flings myself but it was nothing compared to James' promiciousity.

I remembered I had somewhere to go, so I rose to my feet and started arranging my desk, James on the other hand, gave all his attention to his phone.

"Is it weird that I have your brother's notification on?" James started and I glanced at him. 'And that is just because of his vacation photos?" He chuckled. "When is he coming back?"

"You may think that as his only brother, I would know that but I don't. He hasn't picked up my call since last week."

"With the way your pictures are all over his socials, one might think that he can't live without you, but Jonathan can sure go years without talking to you," James said causing me to chuckle.

"Well, he sent me some of his vacation photos this morning, asking we go together next time." I rose to my feet, rounded my table and made my way to where James was seated. 

I and my brother were the only children of our parents and we had a very close relationship. But as we grew older, we stayed apart more and spoke less to each other, especially whenever he was in another country. But the love we had for each other was strong, I never had doubts about that.

"Are you done for the day?" James slid his phone into his pocket and when he turned his face up to my level, his eyes were narrowed to a slit, "What are you up to because you can't tell me you're headed home?"

I didn't tell him about Pearl because I knew he wouldn't let me hear the end of it, but since he happened to be in my office on the day I planned to go meet her, I decided it was a good idea to go with him.