Part 17

The couple stays in their bed for the rest of the day, completely ignoring their responsibilities and work. They want to enjoy the serenity of the moment and take their time enjoying their peace. They lie in their huge bed, cuddled together in a loving embrace and whispering words of love to each other. They talk about their future, their dreams and their plans.

However it's not long before their peace is disturbed by a loud knock on the door.

Isabella doesn't wait for her son to answer the door and simply walks in, unsuspecting of what she's about to find inside. "Jesus Christ, kids!" she exclaims in shock when she sees the naked couple lying together with no care in the world. "In the middle of the day?! Really, Jace? Really? You couldn't wait until nightfall?"

"It's your fault you barged in like this, mom," Jace quickly covers Jamie up and puts his pants on. He doesn't feel shame for being discovered by his mother, since it's not like she caught them during the act of having sex, but he knows how bashful his Angel is, so he decides to at least pretend to have some decency.

"I had no choice. If I want to get to Iowa before midnight, I need to leave now," Isabella explains, still standing by the door with her back facing her son and his girl. As much as she likes meddling in her sons' affairs, she doesn't want to know the details of their sexual life. And she especially doesn't want to see them in action.

"You're leaving again? I thought you were going to stay home for a while," Jace says then chuckles quietly at Jamie who's still hiding under the covers. His adorable Angel doesn't seem to want to show herself.

"As fun as it is to bully you, I prefer spending time with my granddaughter. If you give me one, I'll gladly come back, but that will take at least nine months. Though I doubt you were that lucky," Isabella doesn't miss the chance to make fun of her son and laughs at him, making even Jamie giggle under the duvet.

"Har, har, funny," Jace scoffs dryly. He doesn't tell his mother that he doesn't intend to have children yet, since it would only make her nag even more than she usually does. "But where are you going to stay, mom?" he asks curiously, sitting on the edge of the bed to shield Jamie from his mother's inquisitive eyes when she finally turns around to face them.

"Oh come on, Jace," Isabella groans in exasperation. "I thought you were dressed already."

"I am," Jace gestures at his pants.

"I mean the shirt, idiot. Never mind," she sighs. "To answer your question, Don said that the house Jamie used to stay in is vacant now, so I'll stay there. Apparently both Claire and Ella moved out to the clubhouse. It really feels like that cozy place is now the club's guesthouse," she chuckles. It's astonishing how welcoming and sweet the bikers are. Isabella can honestly say that she didn't expect them to be such a kind bunch.

"They moved out?" Jamie pokes her head from beneath the duvet to look at Isabella. She's quite shocked to hear that the girls moved to the clubhouse, but at the same time she's glad they've moved on with their lives.

Though, it feels a little strange that they were able to overcome their past so easily, while Jamie still struggles with hers. But perhaps that's a good thing. It wouldn't be fair for them to be still tormented with nightmares after already suffering so much at the hands of Burns and his men.

"Before I left, Claire moved to the clubhouse, and Ella... I think she went to live with Tiny, or whatever his name is. It's a funny name actually, since the guy is ridiculously tall."

"He is," Jace agrees, remembering the man jokingly named Tiny by his club. The guy is way over six feet tall and built like a freaking bodybuilder, supposedly having lifted weights for most of his life, so calling him 'tiny' of all things is hilarious.