Part 10

A soft tickling sensation is what wakes Jace up from his slumber. The second he opens his eyes, he's greeted by the gorgeous sight of Jamie snuggling into his chest adorably and mumbling something under her breath. He doesn't understand a word she's saying, but the fact that she's still in his arms despite having woken up makes his heart flutter.

"Good morning, my Angel," he whispers softly, kissing the top of Jamie's head.

"You're awake!" Jamie exclaims startled, sitting up on Jace's lap to face him properly. "Jace, tell me the truth, did you stay with me the whole night?" she asks sternly, surprising the man slightly.

He can't help but chuckle in amusement at his Angel's admonishing tone. "What do you think, sweet Angel?" he smiles, stroking Jamie's cheek tenderly. "Of course I did."

"Why?"

Jace only sighs quietly. Should he tell her the truth or hide it? After a moment of silence, he decides to be honest with her. Their relationship shouldn't be built on lies. "I was on my way to my room after the meeting last night when I heard you cry. I got worried that something bad was happening, so I came in. When I saw you trembling and crying in your sleep, I wanted to help you somehow. Much to my surprise and delight, it didn't take you long to calm down in my arms," he explains, smiling lovingly at Jamie as he rocks her in his arms again, just like he did the night before.

Jamie stays silent for a while, only staring at Jace tearfully as her mind registers what he's said. Did she seriously calm down so easily? Usually she has to either take sleeping pills to get some rest or drink enough to pass out for the night. Did she seriously sleep well just because Jace was with her? If that's the case, then what makes him different? Why does he affect her so much?

"Angel, darling, I would like to ask you about something, but I don't want you to misunderstand my intentions. Can you hear me out?" Jace asks with a worried frown, making Jamie turn to him inquisitively.

"W-What is it?" Jamie gulps nervously at the seriousness in Jace's voice, immediately getting the worst idea. I'm fine with whatever he says, but does he really have to hold me in his lap to talk to me? It's really comfortable for me, but his legs must've gone numb by now.

"It pains me to see you suffer even in your sleep, but seeing that you've calmed down once you weren't alone, I would like to suggest," Jace pauses momentarily, but his hand still continues to stroke Jamie's cheek softly. "Please don't get me wrong, my Angel, but I would like to suggest sharing a room."

Huh? Share a room? With Jace? As in... sleep together?

Jamie chokes on her own spit at the mere thought of sharing a bed with Jace, but while her body freezes in surprise, her pussy reacts in an entirely different way. The heat that spreads through her lower stomach is enough to completely melt her ovaries and make her cheeks redden furiously when the heat travels all the way down to her underwear. Mortified by the idea of getting Jace's pants wet with her juices, she quickly gets up from his lap and paces around the room as she tries to calm down her dirty mind.

"Angel?" Jace inquires worriedly, surprised by the sudden change in Jamie's attitude. He has no idea she's acting this way because she's imagined them doing more than just sleeping together.

For a former sex slave, I sure have a dirty mind. Jamie chastises herself internally as she tries to cool down her burning cheeks while her pussy continues to contract as if missing the feeling of having something inside it. And Jamie knows exactly what that something is.

"You mean... sharing a room... with who?" Jamie asks nervously. With you. Say it's with you.

"With me of course," Jace frowns skeptically at Jamie's strange tone. He watches her closely as she blushes even more than earlier and hides her face in her hands as she mumbles something under her breath. "Angel, what's wrong? If you don't like the idea-" he starts, but he's quickly cut off.

"I do! I like the idea. I like it so much I don't know what to do," Jamie blurts out before gasping loudly as she realizes what she's said. "I mean... it's a good idea, but... I mean, I don't know. Forget what I said," she rambles anxiously, turning away from Jace so he doesn't see how embarrassed she is.

"Angel..." Jace sighs quietly, getting up from the bed and walking up to Jamie before wrapping his arms around her to give her a gentle back hug. "You really are my perfect woman," he smiles, burying his face in Jamie's golden blonde hair. "My love, you don't have to hide your thoughts from me. I want to hear your honest opinions; I want to know what goes through your mind. You can be honest with me about absolutely everything, no matter how trivial or how serious it is. There's no need to hide from me," he tells her softly, kissing her head continuously.

"I'm too embarrassed to even look at you. Funny, isn't it? A sex slave pretending to be a prude," Jamie scoffs indignantly.

Jamie may be used to speaking about herself in such way, but this specific remark seems to touch Jace's nerve more than usual as he tightens his hold on her. "Angel, don't you dare speak that way again," he scolds sternly, his voice resembling a low growl instead of the warm sweet voice he usually uses when talking to her. "You're not a sex slave, you never were. Your past, it's horrible, but it doesn't define you. You're a sweet, innocent and beautiful woman who was dealt some shitty cards in life and that's it. No matter what your past is, I don't care. I love you for who you are. I love your innocent heart, your curious mind, your lovely eyes that see the world for what it is, your small hands that fit perfectly in mine, your silky golden hair that I yearn to run my fingers through, your delicate smile when you enjoy your favorite chocolate. I love everything about you. And because I love you, I don't want you to call yourself such names, do you understand?"

"But it's true..."

"No, it's not," Jace asserts sternly, gently turning Jamie around so she faces him. "Those men were in the wrong for hurting you. You were and still are innocent. None of what happened is your fault and there is no reason for you to reproach yourself like this. So don't ever talk about yourself like this, understand?"

"But-"

"No buts. Do you understand, Jasmine?"

Uh-oh, he said my full name. That means he really is serious about it. "I understand," Jamie concedes, leaning her forehead against Jace's chest. For some reason, admitting her fault makes her feel as if a huge weight has disappeared from her chest. Maybe she really was wrong about putting herself down like that. It's true that she was the one who got into drugs, but that doesn't give people the right to treat her like a toy for their pleasure and entertainment.

"Good girl," Jace smiles and gives his Angel a small kiss on the head. "Now, back to my suggestion from earlier... What do you think?"

"I... would like to try it, if it's with you."

"Great. I'll have your things moved to my room right away, but first, let's have some breakfast, shall we? I shouldn't keep my Angel hungry, should I?" Jace grins happily then kisses Jamie's head again, enjoying the way her cheeks turn red at the smallest touch.

Without further ado, Jace takes his Angel out of the room, not even caring that she's still in her pajamas, and leads her to the dining room, which has been remodeled yesterday per Jamie's wishes. Now, instead of a huge long table there is a small round one with only three chairs by it, specifically for the couple and Jace's mother who's still in Walford. Thankfully, the staff at the mansion is used to the boss's eccentric behavior and fulfilled his wishes the very same day.

When Jamie notices the different furniture in the dining room, she turns to Jace with a questioning look, silently asking him what's going on. "You said the huge table was uncomfortable to sit at, so I got a smaller one, just for us," Jace explains with a smile, making one of the maids who are setting the table drop the tray she's carrying. She has never seen her boss smile, so the sight is beyond shocking. Before she can get scolded for her mistake, she quickly grabs her tray and scurries away. She doesn't notice that Jace hasn't even paid attention to her, too busy coddling his Angel to bother with what the maids are doing.

Only Robert, the butler, is brave enough to watch the couple. He's glad to see Jace so happy and in love, especially since he knows how his parents raised him. He was worried that Jace would turn out to be like his father after his accident, but it seems that he didn't need to. Jace is as sweet and soft as a marshmallow when it comes to miss Jamie, and it's really heartwarming to see.

Hopefully the two of them will stay like this forever.