Part 12

Brother, huh? That's interesting, since Jamie has no siblings. Well, she does have a step-sister, but she's not close with her. She hates her in fact, because the girl was always pining for their father's love while putting Jamie down.

So who is this man that claimed to be her brother?

Jamie wants to find out who's this cheeky bastard, so she quietly follows Jace as he goes to the east wing of the estate, where there's a 'special guest room'. She has a feeling she won't like what she'll see there, but the curiosity is stronger than fear.

With Jace by her side, she has no reason to be scared.

Jace keeps a gentle hold on Jamie's hand the whole way to the special room, and knowing nothing about the unwanted guest that disturbed his time with her, he doesn't even let her go inside the room first. What if the guy is a threat? He can't take the risk of having Jamie hurt while she's with him.

The guy sitting on the plain couch springs up at the sight of Jamie and greets her merrily, almost as if he really knows her. "Sister! It's so good to see you!"

"Who are you?" Jamie asks coldly, stepping even closer to Jace. The strange man before her is a complete stranger, so the fact that he pretends to know her is really unnerving. He definitely wants something or there's something else he's aiming for.

"You're hurting my feelings, sis. I came all the way here to meet you and you don't even greet me," the man pouts sulkily, but Jamie instantly notices that his eyes don't express the same emotion as his voice. His gaze stays indifferent, even cold, as he speaks animatedly and proudly shows off fake emotions.

"I don't know you," Jamie states sternly, throwing a short glance at Jace, only to flinch when she notices the murderous glare he's sending their 'guest'.

"Oh really? You don't remember me?" the man quickly sheds his friendly mask and smirks coldly at the couple before him, then casually plops down on the couch again, almost like he owns the place. "Well, that's understandable, I guess, considering what state you were in when we met. Our sweet J.J...."

Oh god, that name... Jamie can't help but flinch at the sound of the cursed nickname she got during her high school years. Now she knows who this man is. She may not know him personally, but she knows who he's associated with.

"What is it, J.J.? Cat got your tongue? No more snarky comments?"

"Shut your mouth," Jace warns deadly, pulling Jamie behind him. "Don't talk to her, talk to me. Who are you and why are you here?"

"You her husband or something? I came here to see J.J., not you," the intruder scoffs, still not taking his eyes off Jamie, who's busy hiding behind Jace and holding onto his shirt for dear life.

"You're in my house, you'll do as I say."

"Ooh, so you're the big boss, huh? Fine then," the man raises his arms in surrender. "But are you sure you wanna defend someone like J.J.?"

"The fuck you mean someone like her? And stop calling her like that," Jace rebukes, not missing how Jamie flinches every time she hears the name.

"I'm calling her for what she is. J.J. - Jamie the Junkie. I think it's fitting, the man grins smugly. "I guess you didn't know she was a druggie. Well, she was. And she still hasn't settled the debts she accumulated over the years. I heard she was taken by that bigshot Burns from Des Moines because of them, but that doesn't mean she doesn't have debts anywhere else. I'm here to collect the money she owes us plus the interest."

"How did you find her?" Jace questions suspiciously. He heard from his Angel that she used to live in Montana, but she never said it was the same city he's taken her to.