Part 3

No matter how long Jace's men search for the fugitive, they can't find him. He still poses a threat, so Jace even decides to skip his usual visit to Walford. He can't risk revealing Jamie's whereabouts and possibly cause her harm. It's better to keep her a secret until the matter is resolved.

The one thing Jace forgets to do is warn Jamie about his plan. He doesn't tell her he's not visiting on the weekend like usual, so when he doesn't show up at the clubhouse in his chopper. The later it gets, the more anxious she is that it's her fault he's not there. She tries to remember if she maybe said something offensive during their last talk on the phone the previous night.

Her thoughts are interrupted by Ella's concerned voice. "Jamie, you look a little pale, are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Jamie shrugs, putting on her happy mask to hide her inner feelings. "I'm just a little tired."

"Oh, then why don't you take a nap upstairs?" Treasure suggests with a soft smile, playing distractedly with her son's tiny feet as he sleeps beside her.

"I don't want to be a bother," Jamie retorts politely. "I think I'll just go home for today," she announces then with a small smile gets off the couch and leaves the room before anyone can stop her. "Have fun, ladies, and say hi to Ruby from me."

"Sure thing. Get some rest, honey," Maggie waves in goodbye, trying to speak quietly enough to not wake up the sleeping baby.

Since it's quite some distance from the clubhouse to the house the girls are staying in, Jamie has no other choice but to ask one of the prospects to take her there. Even though the club has been really generous and has given the girls a place to stay and helped them get accustomed to their new life away from the prison they've been locked in, they drew the line at providing the ladies with vehicles and leaving them unprotected. They were adamant about keeping the girls company at all times. Perhaps it's because of the babies in the club that the guys have gotten a little paranoid, but Jamie actually appreciates their effort. Had it not been for their help, she would still be kept by Sylvester Burns as 'entertainment' for his men.

"Will you be alright on your own, Jamie?" the young prospect asks worriedly as he drops Jamie off at the house.

"I'll be fine, thank you," Jamie smiles softly then says goodbye to the prospect and enters the house, heading straight to her room. Even though there are only two bedrooms in the house, Ella and Claire decided to share theirs, mostly because they said that Jamie needs a separate room much more than them. She spent the longest in Burns' hands.

Three years of her life... lost. She was barely seventeen when Sylvester took her and since then, she's been nothing but his sex toy and a source of relief for his men's frustrations. It was a nightmare that should've ended once she was out of that hellish place, but it didn't. The memories of those three years are still haunting Jamie and there's nothing she can do to stop it. Nothing works.

Jamie knows a sure way to get out of the dark place that is her mind, but she swore to herself that she'll never resort to it again. Drugs are what got her in that mess, and Jamie doesn't want to go through the same nightmare again. She will not jump into that rabbit hole. There's no light at the end of that tunnel.

"What am I even doing?" she chastises herself quietly then lies down in her bed, burying herself under the covers, almost as though the softness of the duvet will protect her from the harshness of the world. It's a feeble shield but it's something. It's better to hide than to give into the temptation that has once ruined her life.

Fuck, what am I thinking? I swore that I'd never use that shit again.

Jamie lies quietly in her bed, trying to enjoy the silence that's engulfed the whole house, but her disturbing thoughts don't leave her alone. She keeps remembering how her life got ruined because of her own stupidity and naivety, how easy everything she worked for got destroyed just because of a few moments of weakness. It still scares her how the same people who smiled and her and praised her for being talented could easily become her worst enemies who dragged her into the abyss of addiction.