Part 5

With the right encouragement, Jace's men find their target within just a few hours. However, they're met by an unpleasant surprise when they find the man.

"Suicide?" Jace questions skeptically, looking at the pictures Viper gave him. They show Tedd hanging from a tree branch, as if he hanged himself, but something just doesn't sit right with Jace. He can't shake off the feeling that the case is not as simple as it seems. It's almost too perfect to be true.

"We found no signs of struggle and there were no footprints around the spot that would indicate there was another person involved," Viper says, getting a frustrated sigh from his boss. "But I agree that something smells fishy about this. We'll continue to look into it."

"Get a small team to discreetly look into it. I can't get everyone involved. It's time to go and pick up Jamie," Jace replies.

Viper can hardly hold in his smile at Jace's words, and simply nods in understanding. "I'll get some of my men and investigate Tedd's death."

"I want it done as discreetly as possible. I don't want anyone to link us to the guy."

"Sure thing," Viper nods then leaves the office.

Jace doesn't bother saying anything and instead calls his driver and tells him to get the cars ready. Normally he goes to Walford in his chopper, but this time, he's going to drive there so he can spend as much time with her as possible on his way home. It's a long way to his house and he hopes that some time alone with Jamie will allow their relationship to become better.

While Jace is anxious to bring his Angel to his home, Jamie is anxious about leaving the safety of the cozy house she's been staying at for months. It won't be an easy transition, especially considering that she's going to live with none other than Jace, a man who's been insistently pursuing her for quite a long while. She doesn't know what to take with her, what to leave behind, what to tell Claire and Ella...

As she carefully packs her things into a big suitcase, anxiously awaiting Jace's arrival while Claire and Ella are out. Even though she's made the decision to move in with Jace, she's still nervous about what it's going to be like once she's there. Jace is one thing, but he's not alone. He's responsible for running a whole mafia and has a lot of men that depend on him, so Jamie worries that she won't be able to get used to being there.

A few hours later, Jamie is fully packed and ready to go, so now all she needs is to wait for Jace to come. He arrives right on time, just like he promised, but much to Jamie's surprise, he's not alone.

"W-what is this?" Jamie stammers when she sees the cars parked before the house.

"Well, good afternoon to you too, Angel," Jace smiles warmly. "I don't know how many things you want to take with you, so I brought enough cars to move the whole house if you wish."

"That's a tad bit over the top, don't you think?"

"Perhaps," Jace shrugs noncommittally, making Jamie shake her head incredulously before she invites him inside.

"I don't have much that I want to take with me, since most of the things here belong to Lia, not me, so I've only packed the stuff I need," Jamie nervously reveals, showing Jace and his men the three boxes with her personal belongings that she's moved to the living room. Apart from that, she only has a suitcase filled with some clothes and beauty products she's received from the biker ladies.

"Have you told anyone about leaving with me? I don't want to be labeled as a kidnapper," Jace laughs, watching his men take the boxes to the cars outside. They know better than to ask questions, so they just quietly do what their boss told them to.