Prologue 2

July 6th 2023:

Oliver Bearman was second in the 2023 Formula 2 championship as the Silverstone weekend began. His rookie season in Formula 2 had been incredible so far. From having made history in Azerbaijan to sitting second in the championship, Ollie had surprised even himself with his success. However, greater pressure than ever lay on his shoulders as the Silverstone weekend commenced. His first home race in Formula 2 had sent his nerves through the roof and he didn't want to let his fans down.

Having received an unprecedented amount of support from the Formula 1&2 fans, Arthur Leclerc had held a spare paddock pass for the Silverstone weekend with the aim of providing a fan with a once in a lifetime experience. His brother, Charles however was not as keen on the idea as his younger brother. The 2023 season had been difficult for Charles after having a disastrous start to the season he remained disappointed with his standing in the championship. Having secured 2nd in the World Drivers Championship the previous season with a close battle with Red Bull Driver and two time world champion Max Verstappen.

Lilianne had never been so excited for something, her passion for Formula 1 had blossomed over the past few years. But more recently she had taken an extra interest in Formula 2, particularly following Arthur Leclerc. As a fan of his older brother Charles, Lilianne was invested in Arthurs career, rooting for him every step of the ways through his rookie season in Formula 2. Arthur had taken a break from racing previously in order to allow his older the brother the best chances into Formula 1, the sport was expensive and putting two children through it was difficult for their parents. Lilianne hadn't paid much attention to the rest of the drivers on the Formula 2 grid, she knew who most of them were and how they were affiliated with each other such as Ollie Bearman being in the Ferrari driver academy alongside Arthur, but she didn't follow them personally.

Friday the 7th of July 2023, Formula 1 practice day and Formula 2 practice and qualifying day. Sporting a Scuderia Ferrari cap and Mercedes jacket the 17-year-old drove herself from her family home in Oxford to the Silverstone circuit. She couldn't get into the main venue but hoped that she could get anything signed by drivers as they arrived. She had also brought her 2023 Mercedes team cap, McLaren team cap and George Russel 2023 cap hoping to get her favorite drivers to sign them. As she stood at the entrance to the paddock, pushed tightly against the barrier, Lilianne had no idea how quickly her life would change.

——
Thoughts?