28 | two gunshots

Magsimula sa umpisa

My foot hits the acceleration, driving as quick as I can. I use my hand that's not on the wheel to look through the security footage, my stomach flipping into my chest at the sight of Jace drawing a gun and pointing it directly at Alexia.

"Fottuto idiota, Gabriel."

(Fottuto idiota: you fucking idiot.)

I barely have a chance to rip my keys from the engine as I stumble out of my car, Gabriel right behind me. The guards are already on standby but I don't want to irk Jace any more than he already is. This needs to be something that we sort between us.

We draw our guns and head inside, rushing towards the kitchen to find Jace holding Alexia with a gun to her neck. Her eyes move from her brother to mine, pleading for us to do something. To get her out of his death grip. He'll be dead before he even thinks about hurting her.

She shrieks as he presses the barrel into her flesh harshly, wriggling against his tight hold on her. Rage blasts through my eyes. My hand on my gun, ready to shoot but I don't because his finger is against the trigger too comfortably for my liking.

"Jace, what the fuck?!" Gabriel roars as we approach him.

"Put the guns down!" He yells causing Alexia to jump.

This is the first time I've seen her in true fear. Probably because she knows he'll shoot.

After everything that's happened, after toying with Landon, knowing exactly how dangerous he is. I wouldn't put it past him to bury a bullet in Alexia's throat to prove a point–to both of us.

"I said put them down or I will blow her fucking head off!" Jace's voice booms through the kitchen. Never in my life have I heard him sound so–lethal.

Gabriel glances at me out of the corner of his eye, neither of us want to lower our guns because we know what could happen but at the same time, I don't want to see Alexia's blood and brains splattered across the wall.

I don't even want to think of that possibility.

I can see Gabriel shake with pure hatred beside me as he takes in Jace again. We lower our guns at the same time.

"Good," Jace sneers. "Now put them on the fucking floor."

Gabriel's hand jitters but Jace notices.

"On the floor!" He presses the gun further into Alexia's throat, causing her to whimper.

"Okay," Gabriel spits and we place our guns on the floor.

Jace takes a look at the guns and then shakes his head. "Kick them over to me. Now!"

Neither of us choose to ignore him, not when I can see the pad of his finger pressed into the trigger more than I'd like to see. One jolt, one movement and that gun is going off and there is no saving her.

"Let her go," Gabriel hisses through his teeth. "If you've got an issue with us, with Lonzo, the fucking empire then let Alexia go. She has nothing to do with this."

Jace's eyes flare with something a tormented monster would portray. "But what's the fun in that?" He drawls. "I know how much she means to you, Gabriel. Your own flesh and blood. Maybe this time you two will actually listen to me."

I narrow my cold eyes towards him. "What is this about, Jace?"

He tips his head back and laughs. "What is this about? Do you know what's so funny... is the fact I've been planning this for months, got away with this for months and it took you and your lousy empire so long to figure it out."

"Why did you do it?" I keep my voice low and harsh.

Jace twists his head and flashes me a smile that has my stomach churning, the gun nudging into Alexia's neck once more. She's going to have a bruise but she doesn't dare resist, she knows the cost with his finger so firm on the trigger.