Chapter 2

Sarah:

                After a minute of spinning ridiculously, the machine’s door opened. Sarah didn’t know whether she should stay inside and try to get back to the present or explore the past. Sarah decided this was her only chance to do something adventurous, so why waste an opportunity?

                The place outside was clean with many trees. The pollution and amount of trees cut in 2014 had caused major loss of plant-life and Earth’s sanitation.

 She went out and found herself on the same hill the “Past, Present, and Future” Museum was on, just without the building itself.

                Behind her, she heard footsteps and people talking. Sarah recognized the boy with the red hoodie. It was Logan Lerman, Naomi’s best friend – well used-to-be best friend after the confession. Naomi had a huge crush on Logan; however he didn’t have the same feelings for her. Logan loved Naomi as a friend, but he crushed on her rival, Catherine. After Naomi kept bugging him to tell her who he liked, he finally confessed and quietly said, “Catherine.” After that, Sarah had never heard Naomi talk about him or to him again.

                Sarah looked over to the girl talking to Logan. It was Naomi! “What are they doing togeth—oh wait…this is the past, never mind,” Sarah thought, feeling stupid. Then, she had the urge to run up to them.

                “Logan! Naomi!” She called out. Neither of them had heard nor saw Sarah, jumping up and down in front of the two. That’s when Sarah realized that she was invisible and silent to them.

Simone and Naomi:

                “There you go, I put in new lenses so you should be able to see clearly again,” said Zayn, handing Naomi the glasses.

                Naomi put them on and smiled, “Thank you so much! Here take the 20 dollar bill; it’s all I’ve got.”

                “$20? Oh no, you don’t have to pay me. Please keep it. Plus, you didn’t really buy stuff that’s actually in this store.”

               Naomi smiled again and gave him a hug. Right when she was leaving, Simone stopped and said, “You’re Zayn Malik.”

                “Umm…Yeah…How’d you know my last name?” Zayn asked, puzzled.

                “You were in the boy band—what was it called? One Selection? One...er…Corruption? No…Nar help me out here!”

                “Oh psh…One Math!” Naomi said, proudly.

                Zayn and Simone looked at her like she had just turned into a raccoon.

                “Um…No…” Said Simone.

                “Well, whatever it is, I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I was never--” Zayn confirmed, but Simone interrupted, “One Direction. Yeah, that’s it. That boy-band.”

                “Do I look like a singer to you? No. I have been working at this store for over six years! I can’t …sing either! I think you ladies should go home now.”

            “Calm down, I may be mistaken, but it’s just…Never mind. Let’s go, Naomi.” Simone concluded.

           After the two left, the man behind the counter asked, “Why lie, Zayn? You can’t keep it a secret forever, you know. People will find out sooner or later where the fabulous five ended up.”