Chapter 1

"Focus on your position and where you want to go." Peter repeats. I sigh in frustration. "Peter, I can't." I sigh.

"What if I were to help you?" He asks, probably to himself. He flicks his wrist and a beautifully carved dagger appears in his hand. He throws it and it hits my shoulder, dead on target. Peter grins. "Take it out." He orders. I shake my head, groaning in pain.

He walks up to me and looks me in the eyes, "Take the dagger out." He repeats. I look at his piercing green eyes. Magic started to course through my muscles. Unwillingly, I obey, trying to hold in my agonizing scream. "Who knew, little 'ole Asben could listen to me? Certainly not I."

I heal and he starts to pace again, "We, my dear, will continue this until you complete your task." He explains. I nod. He throws the dagger and I try to teleport, no luck. The blade hits closer to my heart. "If the dagger hits your heart you'd be bed ridden, unfortunately for you we don't have that time, so you'd be working on spells while paralyzed, that does not sound fun love. Try harder." He threatens.

Peter is always so tough in training. I need to show him I can do it. I need to push myself.

'I want to be behind him. I want to grab the dagger and shove it through his shoulder' I command myself in my head.

As fast as I think it, it happens, I end up with the dagger in my hand and Peter looking at the empty space. I attempt to wound Peter but he teleport across the field with ease. "Now love, out of all of the places on the island, you chose behind me. Why is that?" He questions. "Is it because you want to be close to me?" He whispers in my ear from behind me.

I turn around quickly and laugh, wrapping my arms around his waist. "Someone seems to be enjoying themself." I note. He nods. "Why wouldn't I? I have the most beautiful girl on the island with me. Who wouldn't be joyful?" He grins dropping his hard facade. His grin....oh my. It's so handsome. "Tiger Lily is beautiful." I respond unwrapping my arms from him, walking away. Peter takes a few strides and easily catches up with me. "But she doesn't compare to you." He begins.

"I seem to remember mermaids on this island also, they are very pretty." I smirk. He frowns, "I would never fall for a fish. You're mine, love."

"You almost kill me and now I'm yours again? Somebody is mentally damaged." I tease again. "Oh don't be over dramatic, you can't die unless you want to, remember? Plus, I wouldn't put you under anything you could not handle." He promises. "Except me." He grins. "Ew, that's disgusting." I say trying mask my rosy cheeks.

"I really must be going but tonight. It'll be just us. I mean it, just us two. Until then, will you go tend to the camp? It would mean the island to me!" And with that he walks off.

Peter has been pretty secretive lately. I wonder what new danger awaits.

I walk into camp and notice the usual mess. I begin to clean up and arrange the item in there places. Eventually the boys start to wander into camp with wounds, animals for dinner, or items I need for around the camp. I tend to all of them and send them off to finish dinner.

I made squirrel soup for dinner today. "Boys, you should probably do some hunting if you expect a better meal." I announce during dinner. They all nod and continue into their conversation. After a while I realize Peter still hasn't returned. I walk up to one of the new boys that I trusted, "Felix, have you seen Peter?" I ask.

"No ma'm." He responds. I smile and thank him. The boys give me their dishes and I clean them and put them back into the cabinet Peter had fashioned from a tree.

Exhausted, I walk back to my tent and lay down. After what I assume a couple hours sleep I hear a rustling at the door, knowing it's Peter I fall back asleep. I ignore the noise and drift back into a beautiful state of unconsciousness.

Eventually I feel Peter sink into bed, knowing him he is focused on trying not to wake me. "I'm awake, love." I mutter mimicking his use of "love". He sighs. "I didn't mean to wake you." He admits. "It's fine. What took you so long? You were making quite the ruckus outside." I note.

Peter's eyebrow furrows at my statement. "I just got home, love."

I lay back down, "One of the lost boys probably had to use the restroom." I suggest. Peter lays down next to me, wrapping his arm around me. "Probably." He replies skeptically. "Goodnight Peter." I whisper. "Goodnight Asben. " 

"I love you so so much...." He whispers.

------------------------------
I look onto the figure standing in front of a grave on the beach.

It was Peter.

"Peter what happened?" I call out, worried. He doesn't reply.

"Peter!" I call louder. Still nothing.

I walk up to him and realize....he can't see me.

"Why did she jump? I'm a monster, a monster." Peter mumbles to himself.

The new boy, Felix, walks up to Peter. "Peter, You need to leave. I'll bury her but you need to go. There is a terrible storm and-" Peter interrupts him. "Felix, I want you to bury her and when you're done I want you to wait for five minutes. Do not comeback or else....."

My dream shift into another picture.

The Lost Boys were all laying on the the ground.

Dead.

Except Felix....he was picking up the dead bodies and stacking them.

He had a fresh scar on his face.

What had happened?

My dream shifts one last time.

"Peter!" A woman calls out. She looks rather peculiar. She had tight blue pants on and a shirt that read, "I love you more than Kanye loves Kanye." Whatever that meant.

"Listen, Ash. I want you to go back to your cabin, now." Peter's voice sounds strained. Her face changes from happy to upset. "But-" Peter teleport inches away from her. "I will kill you where you stand." He threatens. I've never seen him like this.

She nods and walks away. "But I love you." She mutters. Peter obviously didn't hear it but I did.

--------------

"Asben! Wake up!"

__________

"We're all going to die." I whisper. Peter's eyes widen, "What?" I stare at him seriously, "Were all going to he slaughtered."

"By who?" He asks.

I lean in closer to him, "By your annoying face."

Peter pushes me back down onto the bed, "That wasn't funny, you scared me." He pouts. "I'm so ashamed." I retort. He chuckles, "You're going to pay for that."

"Bring it."