019 // Qatar 5

17th of December 2022

"Tomorow is what? The play doh final? No, Tomorow is the world cup final, we've been there before and we lost, so I want you all to do what's needed to get us that throphy. I don't care if you have to use your worse foot, I don't care if you hate heading and have to, just do whatever it takes. Do it for yourslef, your team, your family and most importantly for your country. Now everyone go to sleep, I don't want to hear one noise at all." Scaloni explained. The tension in this room was high enough to build a bomb. Everyone was stressed and scared of Tomorow.

"It's gonna be fine, you guys will win for sure" I patted Dybalas back, he looked like he hasn't slept tonight, I hope he can now.

"I hope so, goodnight Cate" He kissed my cheek as he stood up. They all walked to their room but I quickly wanted to check in on Messi.

"Hey" I said as I opened the door.

"Hi Cate" He was sat on his bed, staring at the floor.

"Don't worry, you're gonna win, everyone knows it" I sat down next to him and I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I hope so, I am ready to win this and bring the World Cup home to Argentina." He lifted up his head, the emotions suddenly change.

"See that's the right motivation. You sleep well Leo, we'll see us tomorrow." I walked out the door and I smiled at him.

"I hope you'll also be able to sleep" JJ walked up to me and gave me a hug. "I don't know what I'd do without you Cathy"

"I love you too brother" I wrapped my hands around him and we stood there in the hallways like that.

"So cute" Angel said as he walked into his room.

"I'll head to sleep" He slowly released himself out of the hug. I missed him, I only just realised but I missed him as a brother.

"You do that, dream of the World Cup in your hands" I answered and I saw him dissapeared behind his door. I walked to my room and sat down on the bed.

I decided to scroll through some messages I got today.

-

Auroriiii

Hello
I just want to wish you all so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much luck

thank you
ill tell the guys

and hows it going?

pretty well besides the fact that the final is tomorrow

thats good
gavi also wishes them luck
pedri too

thats nice of them

it is
I am sad that they got kicked
but
im sure Argentina gonna win
we're gonna turn into the biggest Argentina fans today
I mean tomorrow

I am the biggest Argentina fan
you cant beat me

understandable

yeah
also
did you know
that Mbappe might be injured?

no he isnt
I heard from uhh
what was his name again
ah yes
Balde

you dont know Balde?

I know him
i just forgot his anem

anem
anyways you can remeber it with BACK

back?

Yeah the defense of Barça
B = Balde
A = Araujo
C = Christensen
K = Kounde

AHHH
THANK YOU
NOW I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING

yeah
also took me a while to figure that out

thanks
but you go to sleep now

okay fine
goodnight

good night

-

A

nd I slept in with only the World Cup on my mind.

As it was finally time for the big game, I soon found myself standing next to Antonella in the stadion.

"What if we loose?" I asked her, we both were too concentrated on the match.

"We won't" She quickly answered.

"But we are down by one goa-"

"we wont"

We looked at the refree and he didn't end the game yet, suddenly Messi shot towards the goal, he failed but then Fernandez shot it back to Messi, he kicked it and went in the goal and went outside again, since it hit Kounde. We didn't hesitate to celebrate and we jumped around. Argentina was also celebrating.

"It's so loud" Mateo came over to us.

"Sit back down Mateo" Anto told him and he did. The game started again and soon we heard the whistle of the refree.

Penalties.

Emi is a good one at Penalties. He uses his psychological tricks to make the other fail.

As the team went to take a short break I was just starring down at the football field.

The score was 1-1 that was a really close one.

As the team walked out again they got prepared for penalties.

Mbappe walked to the front, facing Emi. Mbappe ran and,

goal.

He smiled and went back to his team.

Messis turn, infront of Lloris, he went back, waited for the whistle, he shot and,

goal.

1-1, okay not too bad.

It was Kolo Muanis turn, he went back, he ran and

goal

Di Maria.

He went back, ran, shot and

miss

shit.

Griezmanns turn. He went back, ran to the ball and

goal.

shit.

It's relaying on Dybalas shoulders if we win the world cup. It felt like he walked in slow motion. He went to the ball, placed it right and walked back, I saw Lloris jump around a little. Dybala walked back slowly, as he stopped he looked at the goal, he let out a deep breath and we heard the whistle.

Dybala walked slowly, then ran, he got closer to the ball, he kicked, the ball flew and-

miss.

I felt myself dropping to the floor, tears running down my eyes. Why didn't we deserve it one time?

I hid my face in my hands, thsi couldn't be true. I felt a hand on my shoulder, shaking me.

"Cathy" JJ said, why is he here? Shouldn't he be on the field.

I suddenly woke up. I felt my tears running down my cheeks.

"What happened? Did you dream something bad?" He asked nd I jumped up to hug him.

"Oh my god, I had a dream that france won" I replied and he patted my back.

"It's fine, we're fine, the World Cup is already in our hands"