CH 1 : Rebirth

Chronicle of Rebirth 60

"Ivy, you're not off work yet."

 Susan finished packing and was about to leave work. When she saw her sitting on the seat with a thick stack of documents in front of her, she didn't intend to leave work at all, so she asked curiously, " Don't you need to pick up your niece today?"

 Ivy raised her head, her skin was fair, and a pair of big glasses covered half of her face, she pushed the glasses frame on the bridge of her nose, and smiled softly: "Today I was left in the laboratory by the teacher to do experiments, so I probably won’t be going home, so I’ll go back after finishing this plan.” Thinking of her

    upbeat niece, Mei Lin, her heart softened.

"You, don't try too hard. You are in your forties, and you don't think about personal issues. I think David upstairs is interested in you. Do you not think about it?" Susan said

    to winking at her.

 "No, you know my situation. I have no intention of getting married. Well, your husband is still waiting for you downstairs. Go down." Ivy pursed her lips and waved goodbye

    . In this case, don't hurt others.

 "Oh, I forgot, then I'm leaving, and you should come back sooner." Susan patted her head, she almost forgot about her man, waved to Ivy, picked up her bag, and hurried out.

She withdrew her gaze and returned to the document in front of her, but her thoughts were taken away by what Susan said just now.

 Ai Wei, formerly known as Jiang Laidi, lived in a small village in China since she was a child. She was born in the 1960s. She has experienced the most chaotic decades in China and tasted all the ups and downs of life. That family left her all Painful memories since she was sensible, she wanted to escape from that place.

 Jiang Laidi has four older sisters, she is the youngest in the family, but in that patriarchal family, she has never received any pity for being the youngest.

When they were working hard, the two sons of the second uncle's family were playing around. When they were hungry and dizzy, the two sons of the second uncle's family could occasionally eat meat. The eldest sister and the second sister married a widower, one married a cripple just to marry the two precious men.

A patriarchal and serious grandfather, a tricky and domineering grandmother, a silent father who only works hard, and a mother who is crushed to death by her grandmother because she can't give birth to a son.

 Grandpa and grandma feel that their eldest son is out of luck, and they always want to adopt one from the second son to inherit the incense of the eldest family, and desperately pick up their things to feed the lazy second uncle's family, while the cowardly and incompetent couple will just watch. I watched my daughters become tools for other people's families to seek wealth.

 The only little warmth left in her childhood came from her older sisters. In that case, the five sisters could only support each other and go on. Recalling the days when five people shared a wild vegetable cornbread, it was bitter. the sweetness.

A trace of grief flashed across Ivy's face, but it was a pity that the elder sister was tortured by the alcoholic husband at a young age and lost her life, leaving only a daughter like Meilin. She promised the elder sister that she would raise Meilin into an adult. Also because she has a child with her, she hasn't found a suitable partner so far, and she has been wasted until now.

Coming to the United States, one is to have a new start, and the other is to get rid of those blood-sucking family members. Meilin is a good child, caring and sensible. Over the years, she has long regarded that child as her flesh and blood and has never regretted it The decision of the year.