CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Seeing everyone there at that time with a smile on their face came with a beautiful feeling. They were all there because of her and most importantly, they were happy to have her back home. She looked beside her and Kamal was smiling generously at her. She returned the smile and he helped her walk in. That was when she took in the features of the room.

It was a big room with a lot of space. It was sparsely decorated with flowers and coloured bulbs. There were two round large carpets that were spread on the floor, then some chairs that were arranged to fit in the setting. There was a small cake that had ‘Welcome Home’ written on it. It was a welcome party. She thought.

To say she least expected it, is an understatement. She was bowled over. Their kind gesture warmed her heart and she really appreciated it.

The party lasted for two hours after which everyone took their leave, except for Aneesah and Yasmeen.

“Aren't you going home?” Hajiya Maryam asked Aneesah.

“Arhmm I was thinking of sleeping over in case Nihlah would need some help” Aneesah said ever so innocently. She sounded like the good Samaritan she wasn't.

“Oh that's so thoughtful of you” Hajiya Maryam smiled appreciating her kind gesture.

“What do you say?” Hajiya Maryam turned to both Kamal and Nihlah and their response came simultaneously.

“No!”

Hajiya Maryam raised her brows giving them a questioning look. Their response came out with so much force, along with what sounded like contempt. It was more like an outburst.

“Thank you but it's just that I'm not too comfortable with sending adults around” Nihlah told her mother in-law slightly glancing at Aneesah. She didn't know if it was enough reason to shove Aneesah away but she tried to sound as reasonable as possible.

“I'd rather prefer Yasmeen stays. Besides, that's why she's sleeping over” Nihlah said with a small smile.

Hajiya Maryam simply nodded her head and turned to Aneesah giving her an apologetic look.

“I'm sorry about that. We all have our preferences” She said and Aneesah had nodded her head in fake understanding. Only Kamal noticed the deathly glare she sent Nihlah's way. It lasted only a second.

“Kamal will drop me home then” She said and Kamal, Nihlah and Hajiya Maryam turned to look at her with surprise. It was not what she said that surprised them. It was how she said it. The statement came out with a lot of audacity and rudeness.

When Aneesah said that statement, she was so sure Hajiya Maryam would instruct Kamal to drop her home as a 'compensation' for rudely turning down her humble offer.

Her face changed when Hajiya Maryam simply averted her gaze and said,

“That's left to Kamal to decide if he'll drop you home or not” And with that said, she took her leave.

“The driver will drop you. I have a sick wife to take care of” He said and lifted Nihlah bridal style.

She didn't protest like she would have done any other time. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her face in his chest. Somehow, she wanted Aneesah to feel the pain of jealousy. She wasn't being mean, she just needed to show the little intruder her place.