Chapter 8: The things we must do

Night Time in Miracle City

After Shiro lets himself get captured by the cops, Zoe is seen with tears in her eyes. Zoe's heart sank with a heavy weight of despair. Tears streamed down her face as she watched him being escorted into the police car, his eyes locked with hers, showing a sad smile knowing she would be okay.

Zoe felt helpless as she couldn't do anything to save him. All she could do now was rush back home, her heart beating frantically in her chest, her mind filled with thoughts of Shiro and what he must be going through. She couldn't bear to think of him alone in a cold, dark cell, the weight of the charges against him bearing down on him like a ton of bricks.

As she ran through the streets, her tears blurring her vision, she felt like her world was falling apart. She had never felt so helpless and alone before, and the thought of Shiro being in trouble only worsened.

Finally, she made it home, and once inside, she saw her mother and grandmami.

Carmelita: Mija, what is wrong?!

Grandmammi Aves: I knew it! That Shiro boy hurt mi nieta! Time for vendetta!

Zoe: Grandmammi, Shiro didn't hurt me!

When Zoe said that, both her mother and grandmother looked confused.

Carmelita: Then why are you crying, Mija?

Zoe: Shiro sacrificed himself so I could get away from the cops so I wouldn't go to jail!

When Zoe said that Carmelita looked shocked as well as Grandmmai Aves.

Carmelita: Zoe Aves, what did you do?!

Zoe: It wasn't my fault! It was Frida's fault. She got mad because I supposedly stole her stupid guests from her party!

Grandmammi Aves: Why would she blame you for that?

Zoe: I don't know. Maybe someone was recording us, but that doesn't matter. I need to save Shiro because he is going to be sent to jail!

Carmelita looks at her mother and nods which she then turns to Zoe.

Carmelita: Zoe, if you rescue Shiro, then there is a chance your other identity will be compromised! Are you sure you want to do it?

Grandmammi Aves: I know you care for him, Zoe, and even more, but understand once you go through with this, there is no going back.

Zoe looks at her mother and grandmother and thinks momentarily before nodding.

Carmelita: Then you have our blessing. Save Shiro and make sure you are safe.

Zoe: I understand, mama.

Zoe quickly rushed to her room, leaving her mother and grandmother.

Grandmammi Aves: She is growing up so fast.

Carmelita: Indeed, she is Mama indeed, she is.

Now up in Zoe's room, she was in her closet, pressing a few buttons on a keypad, and then she finished the code. A secret compartment was revealed showing the Black Cuavo armor.

Zoe: Don't worry, Shiro. I am going to rescue you as I am-

Zoe quickly changes into her supervillain persona.