chapter 9

Adam

After 2 days Rain was discharged from the hospital. The doctor said that he needed extra care since he was prone to fainting easily now that he had lost so much blood. I was called back to work because I was missing it for way too long .

A day after Rain gave birth Arden showed up at the hospital. Ofcourse it wasn't to take the kids away , he just wanted to meet the kids and also wanted to ask permission to drop by every now and then to see his children. Rain being Rain agreed.

Things between us has changed drastically ever since he confessed to me in the hospital. Not in a good way thou . He has started to keep distance from me and has started to wear long clothes , barely revealing his skin .

" Doctor Adam, how's your wife doing these days ? I heard he gave birth " my senior asked .

" He is doing fine .....hey can I ask you something?" I asked Dr. Roy . He was a omega who had two kids . I guess he could tell me why Rain was acting all strange around me .

" Sure " he said mixing his coffee .

" Uh..well my wife has changed after coming back from the hospital. He has started wearing these long clothes and he avoids me like a plague. Do you know why he might be doing that ?" I asked .

" Ah. He's insecure"

" Insecure? About what ?"

" Many things . After pregnancy our body changes especially our outer appearance and the one thing that becomes disturbing to us is our stretch marks and he must be avoiding you because he is ashamed that he let you see him in his most messed up state "

That explained everything. But I don't think that he was messed up or something. Infact after seeing him in such a state had increased my respect for him . I knew giving birth was painful but I never knew the exact pain but after seeing Rain that day I got to know that giving birth is like dieing and coming back form hell alive . I could never imagine myself in such pain because I know I would have died .

" Rain I'm home " I said taking off my shoes and placing them on the shoe rack . The house was a mess . The babies toys lying around on the floor and the sink was filled with dirty dishes . I walked to Rain's room and saw my five cuties sleeping on the bed . Rain in the middle and my four kids tightly hugging him . I glanced at his waist which was slightly revealed.

I placed my bag down quietly and walked over to him . Roy said that I should ignore his stretch marks until he is ready to show me . So I pulled his shirt down and sat at the edge of the bed . I heard Rain call out my name sleepishly.

" Adam " I looked back and saw Rain getting up "you're home " he said as he sat next to me .

" Yeah ...you can rest some more . I'll prepare dinner " I said standing up. I felt a tug on my shirt . Rain was holding the edge of my shirt with his head down ." Baby " I said as I kneeled infront of him . He met my eyes with a little uncertainty in his .

I picked him up making him wrap his legs around my waist and place his hands on my shoulder for support. I carried his out of the room and headed towards the kitchen. I placed him on the kitchen counter top and rolled up my sleeves, putting on a black apron with two white kittens stickers on . Rain fiddled with his fingers as I washed the dishes. I knew he wanted to say some to me but I didn't want to rush him so I patiently waited .

I was almost done with making dinner when he finally spoke .

" I ... I always thought I didn't deserve anything. I was told by everyone that I don't deserve happiness. Everytime I looked in the mirror I saw nothing but a hideous creature " why would he say such a thing ?