Chapter Three

Kaitlynn

I was at home trying to decide what to wear to this game since I don't watch football much I don't have anything Bengals. So I go to my dad's room seeing he has a Bengals tshirt so I grab that and throw that on and it's oversized so it's actually super cute.

I just keep on my leggings I was wearing earlier but change my shoes to a pair of all white sneakers. I take my hair out of its ponytail and quickly fix it when I hear Harper honk making me quickly grab my phone, purse and keys.

I run out to her car and get it "My god you are never ready on time" Harper says making me roll my eyes "Be glad I am even here" I say getting comfy plugging my phone in to play aux "He actually came back in too for breakfast and tried asking me out AGAIN" I say shaking my head at the memory.

She laughs a bit "Seriously? And you're saying no, why exactly?" she asks and I sigh "Because I am still not fully over what happened with you know who and plus the way he reacted to when I said no just made him into a huge walking ick" I say putting on Morgan Wallen.

"And what did he say?" she asks "He said and I quote 'I am literally Joe Burrow any girl would KILL for me to ask them out and yet here I am asking you out' to which I went off on him and walked away" I say and her jaw drops "I'm shocked he said that because he always seems so genuine in the media" she says.

I nod "Exactly because he is always in the media meaning he has to act that way" I say making her shrug as she pulled up to the stadium. We soon get out and she hands me my ticket as we walk into the stadium.

After we get in we both get a beer and walk to our seats. She didn't tell me that our seats are front row right behind the players "How the hell did you get these seats?" I ask as we sit down "I know a guy" she says making me laugh at that and shake my head.

Joe

If I am going to be completely honest I feel HORRIBLE for what I said to the bartender, who I learned name is Katie, but I can't take it back. It's been bugging me all day.

I was on the field stretching when I look at the fans and I think my mind is playing tricks on me because I think I see Katie.

I blink a couple of times when I realize she is actually here and is in the front row behind our bench. She looks absolutely beautiful too in her bengals shirt with her hair falling so perfectly around her. Her smile is just lighting up the whole place you can't help but to stare at her because it's so beautiful.

No Joe focus she said it loud and clear she doesn't want you plus you have a game to focus on. I shake my head and go to practice some throws with some teammates.

I throw the ball and take a quick look at her and she is once again smiling and laughing making me smile. I must have been looking at her for a while because I don't know the ball was coming at me until I turn back to my teammate and the ball hits me square in the face.

Kaitlynn

I turn my attention to the field just as Joe gets hit in the face. I try so hard to hold my laugh in. Karma is a bitch. However when I see him hold his nose I kind of get worried. No Katie stop it! Why are we getting worried over some guy who only cares about himself.

I shake my head then look at Harper "I hope Joey is ok!" she says making me roll my eyes "He should be fine" I say until I see his nose bleeding which makes my eyes widen. They take him back in the tunnel and for some reason a part of me feels bad.

-After the game-

The game has ended, the Bengals won 24-17, and unfortunately Joe did not come back out after getting hit in the face. Since the game ended slightly earlier I came back to work to get a few more hours.

I was cleaning a part of the bar when, yet again, Joe and his friend I think is Ja'Marr? Walks in. I sigh and walk over to them as they sit down. I look at Joe and he looks at me with a almost black eye. I let out a loud gasp "Well that doesn't look good" I say making him give me a look.

I smirk a bit "What can I get you guys?" I ask "I'll take a water" Joe says and I nod and then look at Ja'Marr "Um surprise me pretty girl" he says which makes me cringe but I get their drinks "Good game by the way" I say.

Joe nods as a thank you "You were at the game?" Ja'Marr asks then he puts a few things together "Is that what caused you to get a ball to the face? You were staring at miss bartender over here?" He asks laughing as Joe blushes embarrassed.

I laugh but I feel bad that I am the reason why he got hurt "Do you want me to get you ice for that?" I ask and he nods "Thank you Katie" he says as I get him an ice pack. I can't believe I am literally the reason why he got hit in the face with a football.

I unintentionally let out a laugh making him and his friend look at me. I stop instantly and cover my mouth walking away. As I walk to the one end I see Harper sitting there so I walk up "Remember when Joe got hit in the face with a ball during the game?" I ask and she nods "Yeah it caused him to not play" she says making me nod now "Apparently I was the reason why he got hit" I say making her jaw drop.

As bad as I feel that he got hurt I just have to say it again. Karma is a bitch.

___
A/N: Hey babes! I wanted to get this chapter out to you guys! I hope you all love it as much as I do!

Please vote and comment!