Chapter Ten

Kaitlynn

My crush on Joe has just developed more and more as time went on. Me and Joe were closing up the bar together, have I mentioned he's not let me be alone in the bar especially at night by myself since the incident?

I was finishing counting the money when Joe speaks up "Hey Katie?" he asks and I look at him "What's up Joe?" I ask. He thinks "Would you want to go get something to eat?" he asks. I am a bit taken back "I would love to, when though?" I ask making him smile more "Tonight, I know of a diner that's open 24/7 that we can go to" he says.

I smile and nod finishing up with my work and walk out with him. He takes me out to his car opening the door for me "Wow such a gentleman" I say making him laugh. I smile getting in and text my dad to not stay up and that I will be home later. Joe soon gets in his side and starts the car "You can play music" he says handing me the aux.

I take it plugging it into my phone "What kinda music you like?" I ask. He drives to the diner "Anything but country music" he says making me gasp "What do you mean you don't like country music??" I ask totally shocked and he shrugs "I just prefer rap over it" he says.

I shake my head "You need to listen to some good country music then here" I say going through my playlist picking the song Last Night by Morgan Wallen.

-At the diner-

We sat down "Ya know I gotta give it to you, Morgan Wallen is an amazing singer" Joe says. I smile "I told you he was! Just gotta listen to the right singers" I say making him laugh and nod. I smile and look at the menu.

A waitress, who couldn't be more than 50, comes up "Ah Joe, I see you've come back and you brought a pretty lady with you" she says. Making me blush and Joe as well, him more out of embarrassment than anything. I look at her "What can I get you guys to drink?" she asks.

Joe orders a water and she writes that down and looks at me "I'll just take a coffee" I say. She nods and walks off as I look at Joe "You come to here often?" I ask and he nods "Me and my parents come here before a game so that it's not too busy and we won't get noticed" he says.

I nod, I am not going to lie I sometimes forget that Joe is this big football player so I can't even imagine what it's like when he is out in public especially when he just wants to spend time with his family and friends. The waitress comes back with our drinks "Alright your usual Joe?" she asks and he nods "You already know it" he says making us all laugh.

She turns her attention to me "And for you?" she asks "Um just french toast" I say and she nods writing it down then walks away. I look at Joe "Is that why you come into the bar all the time?" I ask continuing our conversation to which he nods "Yeah no one there knows me so it's nice to just have time to myself" he says.

I smile "Well I'm glad you picked my bar, even if I gave you a hard time before" I say making us both laugh "Hey it caused me to keep coming back didn't it?" he says. He's right, no matter how badly I tried to get him to move on he still came back, even when he was with Bella he still came back.

The waitress comes back with our food and we soon dig in. Joe must have been waiting for my response because he's staring at me, and I can't help but moan in pleasure from how good it is "God, I don't know what it is but diners always make the best breakfast" I say. Joe just laughs and nods digging into his food.

We both just eat in comfortable silence and I can't help but to look at Joe. There is no doubt that he is an attractive man but it's just the way he is made from how blue his eyes are and in certain lighting it changes colors. The way his hair just falls perfectly so the singular curl falls just in the right spot giving him almost a prince like look to him.

His biceps moving and flexing with each movement he makes. I must have been staring for a while because he says "If you take a picture it'll last longer" which makes me snap out of my thought and smile at him blushing. I take a sip of my coffee to hide it then put it down "Jokes on you I wasn't staring at you, I was totally staring at this piece of potato" I say taking my fork and taking the piece putting it in my mouth. His jaw drops "Well then I guess I deserve a piece of your french toast" he says. I laugh a bit and slide my plate over to him.

-After they eat-

Joe drove me back to my house, which took longer than usual because we decided to take the back roads to my house. I walked up to my door with Joe following and then turn to him "I had a lot of fun, thanks for asking me to go with" I say. He nods "Of course, felt like you deserved it after a long day of work" he says making me laugh.

I look at him then he speaks up again, "Hey, so I have a game this Sunday and I would love for you to come and watch it" he says and I nod "I would love to Joe" I say. He smiles "Awesome I will see you on Sunday then" he says. I smile and nod turning to unlock my door, purposely going slow so he knows I don't want him to leave yet.

I unlock the door and then turn to him, "Hey, since it's really late and I don't want you to drive home at this ungodly hour why don't you just stay the night?" I suggest. He looks shocked but smirks slightly "You sure?" he asks. I smile and nod pulling him inside. We stand at the foyer for a bit before I lean in kissing him.

Lets just say, there wasn't much sleeping that night.

____
A/N: A little cute chapter since the last one had a lot of drama! I hope you guys love it! The next chapter may be a bit steamy!

Please vote and comment!