Chapter Seven

Kaitlynn

Since me and Joe have decided to be friend over two month ago, things have been great He still comes into the bar every day and even helps some nights when he's not practicing or having games.

Tonight was a night Joe was staying to help, but I told him he can leave early if he wanted and he came up to me "Um hey Katie is it good if I leave?" he asks making me look at him "Yeah you're all good you got your tips for tonight?" I ask and he shakes his head handing them to me "You keep it" he says.

I go to say something but a beautiful blonde girl comes in "Joey" she says making him look over and smile "Hey Bella" he says and then he looks at me "I have a date so I gotta go, but you keep the tips" he says handing them to me and then walks out wrapping his arm around the girl.

My jaw is dropped and it feels like a punch to the gut. I didn't think Joe was seeing anyone. Harper comes out of the kitchen and looks at me "What happened?" she asks concerned. I look at her not noticing I am crying "I um...I have to go" I say walking out but I accidentally bump into someone.

I look up and see it's Joe's friend Sam "Oh sorry Katie...wait are you ok?" he asks and I nod wiping my tears "Yeah just...allergies" I say. He nods "Ok, hey um are you and Joe still a thing or.." he asks and I shake my head "Um no we decided to be friends" I say. He nods "Gotcha...well good seeing you" he says.

I just walk out and get into my car and driving off.

-After a month (I know crazy but just me it makes sense for the story)-

Joe and Bella have been going on strong and if you are wondering yes they are dating. Since then Joe has sat at the bar less and just sitting at one of the booths with her. Which is exactly what they are doing now. I didn't even notice the look I have on my face until Harper says "If you keep your face like that it'll get stuck like that" making me look at her.

She chuckles and walks away when Sam comes in. I look over and smile "Hey" I say as he sits down "Hey I have a question for you?" he says and I nod for him to continue. He thinks for a minute and then looks at me "Will you be my date to a banquet with me tonight for our team?" he asks taking me off guard.

I think and then think why not? I deserve to go out for once. So I smile and nod "I would love to" I say making him smile "Perfect me and Joe are driving together so we will pick you up later" he says. Something about that makes me cringe slight but I just nod.

Once he leaves I run to my dad "Dad since there's enough bartenders tonight, can me and Harper leave to do something? It's really important" I ask and he just nods "Sure" I smile and hug him then run to Harper. She looks up "Woah what's happening?" she asks as I pull her out of the bar.

I get into my car with her "You know Joe'a friend Sam?" I ask and she nods "Well he just asked me to go to their banquet with him tonight and I said yes" I say and her jaw drops "No way" she says and I nod. She laughs "Ok let's go!"

-Later on-

After hours of searching I found the perfect dress with the perfect heels. So I was currently in my room after showering and everything now putting on my makeup.

If you're wondering yes Harper is still here and she is helping me. After I finish my makeup and Harper finishes curling my hair I finally am ready to get into my dress. It was a perfect black dress with one shoulder and a slit on the opposite side.

I also decided on cute red ankle heels that once I step into the dress I put on

I also decided on cute red ankle heels that once I step into the dress I put on. I stand up and look at Harper "Holy shit Katie...you are sexy" she says as I go and look in the mirror and honestly I agree.

The dress is hugging my waist in the best way possible. The girls look so good in this dress and may not lie, the dress gives me a little bit of a dump truck. I smile and then hear the doorbell rung. Harper gets excited "He's here" she says running down the stairs.

I roll my eyes grabbing my purse and phone and walk down after her who is already at the door and talking to Sam.

Joe

I was driving me, Bella, Sam and whoever he is bringing to the banquet. We were right now at their house and I was in the car with Bella waiting. I look at the door as Bella asks "Who do you think Sam brought?" making me look at her and shrug "I am not so sure" I say.

We see him and his date walk down. She was wearing a black dress and some red heels and when I got a closer I thought, man does she look like Katie. That was until they got closer to the car and realized that it was Katie.

I couldn't believe it. I had asked Sam earlier who he was taking yet he said he couldn't tell me who but it was someone I knew. I would be lying if I didn't feel a sting in the heart. He opens the door for her and she gets in "Ob hey Joe! Hey Bella" she says and we say hi.

Once Sam is in I drive to the banquet already wanting this night to be over.

________
A/N: Ohhhhh what do we think will happen?

Please vote and comment!