Touch

Wednesdays POV:
Enid is now tossing and turning on her bed, her eyes were puffy and red from her tears. She was drowning in her thoughts, her thoughts were so loud I wasn't able to write. It's been hard for me to write lately, especially with my stalker not contacting me yet.

I eventually give up, not attempting to push myself to write. I was sat there for 2 hours not doing anytime other than zoning out. I step away from my chair and sit on my bed.

"Willa," Enid stops tossing and turning, now staring at me.

"Yes?" I ignore eye contact, however I do feel her eyes immensely staring at my body.

"What time is it? My phone is dead," she chuckled slightly.

I look towards my phone which is fully charged, "9pm."

"I'm going sleep then," she huffed as she walked over to her wardrobe to get changed.

"Mhm," i hummed in response.

She walked into her wardrobe while I sat on my bed. Just after Enid shuts her wardrobe door, my annoying, soul-sucking device pings 2 times in a row. I pick it up off of my desk and press the finger-sized button to turn it on.

It shows 2 messages from *Your man ❤️

I press the notifications and it sends me to the chat from this "your man" guy.

Your man ❤️: hey it's Xavier
Your man ❤️: wanna hang round mine tonight?
WA: whatever. I will be there in an estimated time of 20 minutes.
Your man ❤️: u don't gotta be so formal man 😭

There I left him on read. "You don't gotta be so formal" I don't care. My life, my words, I do what I want. Is that better? I wanted to ask Enid how to change the name from Your man ❤️ to something not so stupid. However I am unsure of how she would react, I should just pass for tonight.

I walk over to the door and slip on my boots, pull my jacket over my shoulders and unlock the door. As I do so, Enid skips back into the bedroom, having a very obvious, fake smile pasted across her face.

"Where ya goin?" She stopped to look at me.

"Xavier wants me to meet him. As much as I hate it, he wanted me to go," I sighed.

"Oh ok, when will you be back?" Her fake smile was beginning to fade.

"Hopefully in half an hour or so," I twisted the doorknob and pulled it open.

Enid flopped on her bed as I exited the dorm. I began making my journey to Xavier's dorm.

Enid's POV:
Wednesday had left to Xavier's dorm. They seem to like each other a lot. Xavier's feelings were very 'on show, while Wednesday was someone to hide them very well. Although Wednesday denies the fact she likes Xavier, she seems to spend a lot of time with him.

I've been trying to sleep almost all day but I've been unable to. I've tossed and turned, checked my phone until it died, drowned myself in my thoughts to entertain myself but nothing has worked.

Wednesdays POV:
I arrive at Xavier's dorm. I lightly knock on the door and only 2 seconds later, Xavier swings the door open.

"Wednesday! I'm glad you came, I have a surprise for you and I've been trying to complete this surprise for a lot of time!" He pulled me by my arm into his room and sat me down.

"Close your eyes!" He laughed.

"Last time I closed my eyes for a surprise, I was with a demonic bug-eyed creature," i deadpanned.

"Right..." he walked over to grab something while I closed my eyes. I heard his footsteps grow closer with a loud paper like sound, "open your eyes!"

I opened my eyes and was greeted with Xavier on his knees holding flowers, "will you be my girlfriend, Wednesday?"

How do I tell him I'm not interested, have a crush and I'm not interested in males...

"I- uh- Xavier I" I couldn't find the words.

"Yes Wednesday?" He began to sound worried.

"I can't!" I ran out of the room, panicking about what he would say or do. I sprinted through the halls, up the stairs, all the way to the dorm.

I was running so fast and so many thoughts were racing through my mind, I hadn't realised that I was crying and had tears streaming down my face.

I burst through the door to greet Enid who was sat in the edge of my bed. She spun around to see me, but instead of causing eye contact, I ran to the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door and ran to the sink. I could hear Enid's footsteps grow closer to the bathroom door.

Stressing, I splashed freezing water in my face and took deep breathes.

"Willa? Are you ok?" She lightly tapped on the door.

"Yeah," I held back the shakiness In my voice. Obviously, I wasn't very good at it.

"Wednesday I can hear the shakiness in your voice, what's up?" She attempted to walk in but the lock on the door held her back.

"I'll be out in a second!" I dried my face and twisted the tap off.

I left the bathroom and just like when I walked in, Enid was sat on my bed. I ignored her and walked struggling into my wardrobe, grabbing my pyjamas and replacing them from my natural clothes.

I walked out, seeing Enid laying comfortably on my bed, head rested on my pillow but still laying on top of the quilt. I tossed my clothes into the laundry basket and dragged myself over to Enid.

"Enid, you need to sleep in your bed. You can't sleep in mine," I shuck her lightly.

"Willa," she began.

"Mhm?" I sat next to her legs.

"I've been tossing all night trying to sleep and I've been unable to. But I'm your bed," she turned to face me, "I've been able to sleep and feel comfortable. Your smell is comforting, the smell of old books and vanilla is soothing for me. Please can I sleep here?"

"Fine, but you stay on one side and don't touch me," I lied down next to her.

She slid over to the side and peacefully stayed perfectly still. I was laying next to Enid with a big enough gap in between us. I don't usually sleep at night until extremely late. Enid, however, fell asleep quicker than I had ever seen. Is my scent really soothing to her, was she telling the truth?

Time had passed and it grew later. I closed my eyes, eventually attempting to get some sleep. Suddenly, I felt a soft touch around my waist. My eyes shot open and I immediately looked towards my waist. There I seen what the soft touch was... or who it was... Enid.

She had her arm around my waist and body pressed up against my side, slowly but softly snoring. Her touch was warm and soft but mostly... soothing. Yes I said soothing again. I hadn't expected it to happen but it's so hard with a girl as beautiful as her.

Her touch was soothing.

A/n)
Finally another one finished.! I've had writers block lately and I write about 8 or 9 sentences a day. I've done the garden today and found out I have hay fever. It's not as bad but it makes my nose run, I sneeze and my eyes begin to be irritated. So that's great! 😭 I'm probably gunna say this every time but thank you WenclairMyLife for supporting me!

I've said this before but yip should definitely check out her book(s) thy are extremely good and I can't get over the ending.

Thank you for everyone who has supported me I can't say it any more than that!

Take care of yourselves, ily.

-ace.