Full moon

Enid's POV:
Me and Wednesday made up and she actually let me hug her! Like.. an ACTUAL hug, not some hug where your like 10 feet apart.

She had grabbed her things ready to sleep and left to her closet and locked the door, getting on her pyjamas and unbraiding her hair. She walked out and I was just sat there, zoned out and still in my clothes. As she stepped out, she stared at me looking quite confused.

"Enid?" Her voice echoed around the room.

Finally, I snapped out of my zoning-out and as I did, Wednesday was in my view. Her shining, obsidian eyes glimmered in the light, her wavy, long hair was gorgeous in the moonlight, her pale skin looked even more beautiful than before. As all of these thoughts raced through my head, it must have took me out for a long time because I heard Wednesday shout me again.

"ENID!" She lightly shuck me.

"OH.. oh sorry Wednesday, I zoned off.." I chuckled.

"What for 10 minutes?" She sarcastically said.

"Haha very funny, now I'm going to change and go to sleep," I stood up and walked to grab my clothes.

I grabbed my pink and white striped shirt and my blue trousers and made my way to my closet to change. I pulled of my shirt and replaced it with my pyjama shirt, the slipped my trousers off and replaced them with my pyjama trousers. I felt so comfy.

I exited my closet and then sat on my bed. Wednesday had already fallen asleep, how does this girl do it? I lay in my bed, under my covers and staring soullessly at the ceiling. It was pitch black in the room. It reminded me of Wednesday: dark and gloomy. Actually, if I'm honest, everything somehow reminds me of Wednesday. She's so unique that sometimes I confuse myself on how some things remind me of Wednesday... but they do.

After some time I begin to fall asleep. Until it hit me. It was a full moon! I started to hear howls of wolves in the distance, I sit up ready to run if I have to. As I sit up, I see Wednesday on high-alert.

"Enid, you need to go. We can't risk anything," she said tossing me my shoes.

I nod in response and I run out of the dorm. Little did I know, Wednesday was following behind me. I ran into the forest as it was closer than the lupin cages. I was laying on the floor in the middle of the forest, waiting for when I Wolf out. Wednesday was sat with me the whole time, from when I was lying on the floor, until I was sat up waiting impatiently... mainly because I was cold.

It was getting colder and colder, darker and darker. All the wolves must have fully transformed now. I've wolfed out before why can't i do it now!

I stand up, "let's go Wednesday. It's a lost cause being here if I'm not gunna Wolf out."

Just then, as I began to walk back, I heard a snap. It sounded like bones snapping, then it came again. I suddenly realised, I was actually wolfing out! My bones began cracking, my clothes were ripped, my ears and tail popped out. I had wolfed out!

I'm guessing Wednesday had seen it too as a slight smirk was forming on her face, she tried hiding it as soon as she had realised what she had done.

I race through the forest, wasting all of my Wolf energy. I'd run, then I'd stop again. That was my whole process. Every time I set off to begin running again, I'd always make sure Wednesday was in my sight. After what felt like 10 minutes, I returned back to Wednesdays side. As I sat down on the floor, I felt my bones begin to shrink, my ears and tail had disappeared and I was now laying on the floor, naked.

Once Wednesday noticed that I had became human again, she ripped off her hoodie and handed it to me, we quickly went back to the dorm and I was able to get changed. I jumped into the shower and cleaned the mud and dirt out of my hair and body. Once I had finished, I stepped out and pulled on my fresh pair of un-torn pyjamas. I checked Wednesdays hoodie, it wasn't dirty thankfully.

I wanted to give it back to Wednesday but apart of me wanted to wear it, it was worm, soft and smelt like her: old books and a blood scented, weakened candle. I eventually gave in and slipped the hoodie over my shoulders and pulled my arms through the sleeves. Once I finished, I brushed my short hair and stepped out of the bathroom.

I attempted to walk over to my bed before I was stopped by Wednesday.

"Enid," she deadpanned across the room.

"Yes Willa?" I turned around curiously.

"Why did it take longer for you to wolf out than last time?" She asked while writing notes down.

"I'm not sure, I've never really been taught about wolfing out as my mother told me that I'd 'never need to," I mocked the last sentence.

"Are there any books in nevermore about werewolves?" She asked, placing her notebook down and walking closer to me.

"I think so, maybe in the purple section of the nightshade's library. The purple section is dedicated to animal transformations. Once I seen one about werewolves but cat version! How cool is that?" I giggled.

"Very cool... now I'll be on my way to the nightshade's library. If you want to come, feel free but I'm not waiting around," she began walking out of the dorm and down to the library, on hunt for the book.

A/n) so this is again, 960+ words. I'm very proud of myself for this. I feel as though this book will be a lot more successful than my other one. I'm not an amazing writer or would class myself as a "professional" i more just doing this for fun. I've always loved writing books and taking inspiration from videos.

Know I think about it, my last book I wrote (in 2022) was based off of a video about a girl going missing  and I had to write a story about it. Anyway, this book lets me gather myself, let my creativity go and also helps with my vocabulary.

If you would like me to share my book I made years ago (when I was terrible at writing and would jump from one thing to another) then I can, maybe I'll even attempt to make it better!

The next chapter is going to be about Wednesday finding the werewolf book and someone takes it away, thing won't get hurt but it'll be a great mystery (unless I think of changing it up a bit... I do that a lot).

Take care of yourselves, I love you,
-Ace