2

Alpha and I stood in silence for a moment until a pretty young lady with crimson red hair popped her head into the room. She giggled and ran towards me, enveloping me in her arms. Alpha pulled the girl back by her shirt and dragged her out of the room. A minute later, they came back in and the red haired girl took a deep breath, saying calmly, "Hello Lila. I'm Crimson Curse and I'll be your protector. I'll be making sure you don't get hurt or kidnapped by anyone. Oh, and you can just call me Crimson." I nodded and Crimson smiled shakily. The three of us walked out of the room I which the cage sat. We walked into a kitchen and then out into the outside. I shivered in the icy air; it must've been winter. Crimson noticed and shrugged off her heavy black coat, then tossed it over my shoulders. I smiled appreciatively at her and she nodded. We walked to a large black sedan and got in. The car started and we started off. Soon, we were outside a large building with lots of windows. The car stopped and we piled out, into the frigid air. Then Alpha led the way into the building. We got a lot of strange looks from people in fancy business suits. Me in a thin white t-shirt and short black shorts, Alpha in her full body armor, and Crimson in her skintight tank top bodysuit (and mini skirt) and thigh-high boots. As we stepped into the elevator, alarms began ringing and Crimson tensed. A dozen armed men ran up and she called to me, "Lila, can I see my jacket for a minute?" I passed it to her and she rummaged through the pockets, cursing. After a few minutes, she pulled out a security badge and handed it to one of the men, declaring, "Crimson Curse, Level Eight Assassin, Level Twelve Access. Armed at all times and currently on duty protecting Lila." One of the men nodded and they left, handing Crimson her badge back. She stuffed it in her coat and we got in the elevator. As the elevator descended, I asked Crimson, "What did you mean, armed at all times? What weapons do you have?" Crimson gave me a sneaky smile and answered cryptically, "You'll see at weapons training." Soon, the elevator doors opened and we exited into a long white hallway. Alpha pointed at the end, where a lone black door stood. She said simply, "This is where I leave you. I'll meet up with you two later, after I give the mission report. Go on though that door and meet your new colleagues." Crimson linked arms with me and said softly, "Don't worry. The other girls in The Broken Skies are pretty chill." Then we passed through the door. The first thing I saw in the room we went into was a black haired girl in a bodysuit scaling the wall. Crimson noticed my staring and said, "That's Spyder. The power she has is a substance secreted from her finger tips and toes that allows her to scale any surface." Slowly, I noticed other girls around the room. One of the girls, a blonde with a short red dress on, came running up and tackled Crimson. She then proceeded to grab Crimson's head and attempt to slam it against the concrete floor. Before my mind could even register it, my hand was under Crimson's head, holding it just millimeters above the ground. The blonde glared up at me and got off Crimson, growling, "I'll get you later, Crimson Curse. Just wait." Crimson staggered to her feet and hissed, "Whatever, Blondie." Then she looked at me and asked, "How did you move so fast? That was unnatural. Is that your power? Super speed?" I gave her a puzzled look and she shook her head, saying, "Gallic will explain everything."