Chapter 17: Engagement Invitation

Começar do início

"Missus, where are we going?"

"Let's go to New Era Plaza."

The New Era Plaza was a project under Glory World. It had already been functioning for quite a while now, yet she had not properly done a site walk around there. She heard that Imperial Sky Entertainment City was preparing to do a launch, so New Era Plaza would probably have some promotions too. It should be quite lively and she wanted to go over to have a look while treating it as an inspection at the same time.

"Okay, !"

When they reached New Era Plaza, it was close to noon and it was bustling all around the plaza. The two of them found a temporary parking lot near the plaza after much difficulty.

"Missus, where do you want to look around first?"

There were many consumer areas near New Era Plaza, from mid-range to the higher range. Anything that one could think of was there. It was considered a densely populated area. Even if it was not a holiday, the place was still very lively.

"Mmm, let's go straight to the gifts and health care section to take a look."

Arianna was someone who paid attention to maintaining her health. Compared to precious pearls and jewels, she preferred some nourishing healthcare products such as nourishing scented tea and supplements.

As for Robert, he preferred to collect antiques. Arya also had a hobby of collecting herself. These past few years, she had been collecting some gems, so this was not a problem for her.

Because it was close to the New Year, many people had started shopping for New Year items, so on the way, the streets were quite crowded. Emma had hurled out her arms all the way to fend off the people that came close in fear that they would accidentally bump into Arya's injury.

They had walked around quite a few higher-end stores at go, but she did not find anything that she particularly liked. They made a huge round before she finally locked onto a stump of thousand-year ginseng.

"Missus, we've walked for so long. You're tired too. Let's go over and sit down for a while. I'll just go and pay for it."

Arya nodded, then she closed the box and handed the ginseng to Emma before sitting down on the sofa.

"It's right here! Victoria, it's right here! I remember the last time I found a thousand-year ginseng here. Eh, it's this one. Victoria, look!"

Emma could not react at a time when the item in her hand had already been snatched. Startled, she quickly turned to look.

What greeted her eyes were two young ladies who were dressed fashionably. One looked very pretty and charming in a light daffodil trendy spring outfit.

Another wore a white Chanel dress with a long, pink coat on the outside and a white scarf around her neck. On her head, she wore a cowl-like hat that was pulled very low, but Emma could vaguely see how she looked and she seemed familiar like a certain popular star from television. However, Emma was not too surprised. Earlier, when she was at the old Mu residence, she had seen all the famous film stars and singers, so she was quite calm about it.

As they moved closer, their strong fragrant perfume filled the air. It seemed like a high-end kind of perfume.

At this moment, the girl in light yellow was holding the brocade box that she had just snatched from Emma's hands. With a delighted smile, she looked at the girl beside her.

One could tell that they had come just for this thousand-year ginseng.

"Mmm, it's indeed a good tonic. Just buy it then. Give it to Aunty Martinez as a gift to nourish her health. It'll definitely be very useful," said the girl in the white dress as she smiled gently.