I stumbled up from my spot, my mouth still slightly open in shock as I mumbled to myself, "Who even are you?"

Luffy heard the sound of my voice, but it seems like he couldn't hear me, "Hm? Oh, did you get to rest, Y/n?"

I had to stop myself from falling over as I deadpanned at the man, "Are you serious right now?"

He grinned and shrugged his shoulders as he walked towards the edge of the building once again, "Why wouldn't I be?"

I sighed before shaking my head and following him as I watched him climb onto the ledge of the roof, "What am I gonna do with you?"

Luffy grinned down at me before facing the building we were looking at before. He took a deep breath in and then let out a loud yell, his fists clenching in response, "Robin! I've come to get you!"

A few crashes from the building in front of us were heard and the next thing we know, a hole is made in the wall facing towards us. From it, we can see Robin walking closer to the ledge and Franky—the reason for the hole in the wall—standing behind her with his back facing us.

"Oh! Hey Robin! Good! You're still there!"

I smiled weakly at the overjoyed boy, wondering how his wonderful brain worked.

"I told you how many times already?! I don't want to see your faces anymore! Why did you come to rescue me?! I don't want this!" Robin seemed distressed even from here as she yelled desperately at us, "I just want to die!"

.

.

.

.

My eyes widened slowly at the familiar words.

"Maki...I...I don't want to live like this anymore..."

My lip quivered at the though of a dear friend going through something like that. Having to constantly have thoughts like that in the back of their head.

I knew what it was like. Trying to find some reason to feel motivated to do something. Feeling like you're existing because you have to, not because you want to. Thinking nothing could make the situation better and it only gets worse from here.

Has Robin also been having those thoughts? Have they been eating at her in the back of her head? Whispering in her ear at night, telling her countless of lies just to fill her head and heart with negativity?

The thought of Robin living so miserably ached my heart. I would never wish that upon someone, much less a friend. Luffy seemed startled too, as his reaction was like mine, but smaller.

Some clapping was heard and I could see Franky get thrown back as CP9 enters the scene, some standing dramatically on the ledge.

I rolled my eyes at their need to feel like their in the climax scene of an action play. I didn't have time to laugh at my own mental joke though as piercing, outrageous eyes pierced me and I didn't have to look to know who it was. I subconsciously moved closer to Luffy who gave me a confused side eye, as I refused to look back at the CP9 member.

I'm so dead. I'm so dead. I'm so dead. I'm so dead.

"What are you talking about?"

I turned around to see the tiles of the roof starting to break as I backed up a bit. The roof broke as smoke, dust, wind, and bodies flew up into the sky before landing back down.

Nami landed perfectly while Chopper landed on his neck, thankfully in his big form.

"We're gonna rescue you no matter what. If you'd fill wanna die after that then you can die."

I went to decline his offer, but stopped once Luffy made eye contact with me. His onyx eyes spoke for him and I backed down immediately.

A little after, Zoro climbed out of the same hole while Sanji made a new one and landed in a ridiculous pose under the false impression that he was the first to arrive.

I shake my head with a chuckle, "It's impressive to be beaten by Zoro when it comes to getting places..."

The strawhats looked at me in pleasant surprise before registering what I said. Zoro got irritated as his eye twitched while Nami and Chopper stifled a laugh at his reaction and Sanji's denial.

I had to stop what I was doing though when out of the corner of my eye I see something flying through the air—sorry no that's not right—someone flying through the air. It was my turn to stifle a laugh as Usopp flew with a stiff body like someone had thrown a q-tip.

"Sogeking!" Chopper yelled before realizing his probable ending point, "Y/n, look out!"

I furrowed my eyes before looking at the incoming boy with wide eyes, "What in the?!"

Miraculously, I caught him as I quietly thanked my father for making me strong enough to handle the boy's weight.

"Y/n thank y-" 'Sogeking' cleared throat before jumping out of my arms and posing, "Thank you, young lady! It went just as I planned!"

I rolled my eyes at the usual weird behavior before walking closer to Luffy as the other followed behind me.

We all stood on the ledges next to Luffy as he told Robin that she could do whatever she wants and say whatever she wants as long as it's with us.

Spandam flaunts the Buster Call Snail like a trophy and a gun as he waves it in Robin's face successfully scaring her. A grimy grin on his ugly face as he taunts and patronizes her.

"That Buster Call...it'll wipe you out too. You, us, this island. Everything in it!"

Spandam saw Robin's claims outrageous, whole heartedly denying it causing Robin to explain what happened on her mother island.

"The more I wish to be with you guys...the more my fate will bare it's fangs at you! No matter where I go, I have a huge enemy that I can't shake off no matter how hard I try and that's this world and it's darkness!" Robin's pain reached our ears and we all held a slight grimace on our face, "Soon enough, even though you guys are good natured, you guys will find me a burden and abandon me! That's my biggest fear! I want to die right here right now!"

Spandam laughed hysterically, pointing and shoving his finger in Robin's face, "That's right! You're nothing, but a burden! You're meant to be alone for the rest of your life and if I call this Buster Call all the people you care about will die!"

My muscles acted on their own as I unclicked my scythe and Zoro had to hold a firm grip on my shoulder to stop me from going over there and putting Spandam in his place.

"Not yet, Y/n," Zoro's words were loud enough to grab every strawhat's attention as they looked at me, noticing my reaction.

I kept my composure, getting out of my readied stance which hinted to Zoro that I was okay and he didn't have to hold me back anymore. Although my posture changed, my attitude towards the situation didn't. When I looked the gremlin-looking asshole up and down, a voice I didn't recognize as my own spoke out, "That one's mine."

Zoro immediately drew his hand back and I could see Usopp shaking in fear next to me while the others gulped loudly. It made sense since I rarely ever got this mad.

"I now understand the identity of Robin's enemy. Sogeking," Luffy spoke out, but kept his eyes on Robin, "Shoot through that flag."

A proud smirk crept on my lips as Sogeking responded using his big slingshot to shoot a fireball at the World Government's flag. The symbol of 'justice' went up in flames and we could hear shouts of disbelief.

"Robin! We still haven't heard you say it!" Luffy spoke with a knowing and loud voice, just like how a captain should speak, "Say you want to live!"

We watched her bite her lip as if she was trying to force the words to go away as tears streamed down her face. She finally allowed herself to feel the emotions she's been holding back as she let out a scream, "I want to live! Take me to the sea with you!"