Chapter 63

Taehyung blinked: "Jimin has a side account?"

A Yeon: "That's right. When I first met him, that's the account he added me on."

Taehyung recalled that Jimin said he met A Yeon the 1st day of school, but at that time, didn't Jimin not have a WhatsApp account yet? If that was his side account, then what account was the one he and Sung Hoon added?

A Yeon: "I can definitely understand him. Guys like you two have so many suitors, so having a way to refuse is also normal... Honestly speaking, that girl's not the 1st to ask me for Jimin's WhatsApp, and it's not like I can go and ask Jimin if it's ok each and every time. Wouldn't that be a huge bother? But if I refuse those girls, then they'll say I'm unreasonable. Sigh, it's not like I have another choice."

Taehyung didn't know what to say. A Yeon's actions were very considerate, but all his attention was sucked away by "Jimin's side account". A few details came to mind: when Jimin refused to add him on WhatsApp, in front of the cafeteria when talking w/ A Yeon about a side account (though he only heard the tail end of that convo), and Jimin's evasive behavior during break about why he wasn't replying to his mom's WhatsApp messages......

Taehyung looked at A Yeon and requested, "Senior, can you give me Jimin's side account?"

"Sure." A Yeon didn't suspect anything, sent the account over, and even teased, "Your relationship w/ Jimin's that good, so why are you adding his side account?"

Taehyung smiled. He only felt that there might be some dark history on Jimin's side account, though he didn't think too deeply about why the other told A Yeon but not him.

However, when he typed in the number, what popped up wasn't "Add the new number" but "Existing number", and after tapping that open, their message log surprisingly contained a "Hey" text from 3 years ago!

This shocked Taehyung quite a bit.

"Senior, are you sure you didn't give me the wrong number?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"Of course not," A Yeon double-checked. "This is Jimin's side account. I even chatted w/ him on here."

Taehyung: "......"

It couldn't be that Jimin knew him since long ago?

But that can't be. He definitely didn't remember crossing paths w/ Jimin 3 years ago!

A Yeon: "What's wrong?"

Taehyung shook his head and put away his phone. "It's nothing."

He stared at the timestamp for that convo. That was right after he got WhatsApp, when he added a bunch of IG friends in bulk w/o verifying most of their identities... Wait, could it be that Jimin was his friend on IG?

Taehyung immediately logged into IG, scrolled through his friends list looking for someone who might be Jimin, and actually found a possible suspect!

...The nickname was the same as on the WhatsApp side account, just a single letter, J, which was very much Jimin's style.

Evidently, Jimin knew about him way earlier than he realized, but they had never chatted, so there wasn't anything for Taehyung to analyze......

Looks like the reason Jimin didn't want him to know about his side account was b/c the other didn't want him to find out that they became acquainted a long time ago!

That evening, Taehyung ate dinner w/ Jimin as usual and didn't bring up the "WhatsApp side account" thing, chatting about other things that happened during the day.

After a while, Taehyung purposefully steered the topic to how he used to chat online in the past and asked, "Jimin, did you use IG?"

Jimin paused, then said, "Y-yes." If he claimed he didn't, that'd be way too transparent a lie.