chapter 9

During his last year of middle school, Taehyung shared his Whatsapp link on ig to create a friend group. thus Jimin obtained permission to access Taehyung's status and entered his friend group just like that.

In the following year, Taehyung grew quite a lot, his features sharpening as he became more handsome day by day. His fashion tastes also started developing into a unique style.

Compared to the other 16-17 old boys with acne on their faces as they attempted to grow out a meager stubble, Taehyung's god-given constitution was truly blessed by the heavens. Even the casual selfies he posted could outshine teen idols and minor movie stars.

Even a very average, somewhat good-looking guy like Jimin was quite popular in high school, so he couldn't imagine just how popular Taehyung was.

Different from the more casual and impersonal nature of ig, if you weren't mutual friends in Whatsapp, then you couldn't see the other person's dp or status.

Originally, Jimin thought that his circle of friends wouldn't overlap at all with Taehyung's, as one was in a public school, the other attending a private academy, and the two schools were located in completely different parts of the city.

It wasn't until he inadvertently exchanged ig with a female classmate and saw that she had liked many of Taehyung's posts that Jimin felt his city was actually quite small.

That girl was the beautiful social butterfly of their high school, older than Jimin by a year, and the student council's cultural division's division head who organized all kinds of public performances. When she found out Jimin could play piano, she found a way to obtain his contact info.

Given Jimin's personality, the two of them didn't really chat even after adding one another, and it wasn't until he knew of her connection to Taehyung that he became a bit antsy.

During a dress rehearsal for the school's culture festival, quite a few female classmates who were also slated to perform tried to get Jimin to play a few songs for them in private.

Normally, Jimin would have refused since he was gay and didn't want to use his talent to attract girls.

But on that day, he saw that the cultural division head was also in the group urging him on, and thinking of those likes she had given Taehyung, agreed.

He sat down in front of the piano, turned his head to smile at that group of excited girls, and asked, "What do you guys want to hear?"

Jimin was usually a cold and distant person, but with this smile and that particular intonation his, the girls all fell into a daze, and some even clutched their chest.

Seeing that they weren't answering, Jimin turned back to the piano and as if talking to himself, said, "Most of what I practice is classical music, but you guys might not enjoy listening to that... Well, I'll just play some more well-known songs then." Saying so, he placed both hands on the keyboard, and after testing a few arpeggios, started to perform.

The girls couldn't name the song he played, but just by looking at this scene, they felt like losing their hearts and souls. Picture this: a young man in white immerse in playing the piano, his fingers flying across the keys as his right leg rhythmically coordinated with the pedal, and all the while, an intoxicating melody danced through the air.

Fluent, natural, enchanting. It was as if the music didn't come from the piano itself, but magically flowed out from Jimin's fingertips instead.

When he finished the song, one of the girls cried out, "Ahh! That was so beautiful! One more song!"

"What song did you just play? It was so pretty!" Another girl who pulled out her cellphone: "I need to download it so I can listen to it every day!"

Jimin: "It wasn't anything special, just some of Richard Clayderman's popular tunes. You can search for his A Comme Amour, Mariage d'Amour, and Souvenir d'Enfance. However, what's online will probably be a bit different, since what I played was a personal remix of all three together."