Chapter 21

Q/A: Where do you see yourself in five years?

**************************************************

The new students welcoming ceremony was conducted by department.

When Jimin and co. came out of their room, they ran into a neighbor and found out that he was an advertising major, which also fell under the journalism department. Enthusiastically invited by Sung Hoon, he joined them and they all arrived at the assembly hall together.

Only about half the students were there, but Taehyung and Jimin's appearance still caused quite an uproar.

Perhaps the draw of the ceremony was exactly this— Not to listen to speeches or talk about your future dreams, but a celebration of meeting others who, like you, also applied to this college from all over the country.

So many unfamiliar faces full of energy, everyone sizing everyone else up, searching for that one special person, whether in looks or in bearing, who would prove that they didn't choose wrong in coming here.

Therefore, when someone like Taehyung, whose looks and bearing were off the charts, showed up, everyone else's eyes started to sparkle. Not to mention that next to him, there was also the handsome Jimin.

They left whispers in their wake, and everyone they passed seemed to pale in comparison.

Two hot guys arrived and all the girls present became excited, madly staring at their every move with infatuation.

But what really caused those girls to scream silently into their hands was what happened after the two of them sat down: Taehyung suddenly turned and whispered something in Jimin's ear, his smile stunningly bright, his posture intimate...... Jimin's eyes flashed before he tilted his head towards the other, and their eyes locked for a few seconds.

In just this short exchange, the amount of warmth, suggestiveness, understanding, and sweetness that oozed out was like a powerful electric current, zapping everyone who was secretly peeking their way!

Two girls who were definitely strangers instantly clasped each other's hands, shedding tears of joy, so excited they couldn't even speak as they both saw their own emotions reflected in the other's eyes— Ahhh! No regrets! No regrets in coming here! Kyaaa~! So cute I die! So hot I cry!

......

Actually, the one who received such an life-changing blow wasn't just those girls, but also Taehyung.

Earlier, what Taehyung said to Jimin was: "Shoot, I think there's a few people who recognize us."

Jimin quickly realized that Taehyung was referring to that gossip forum post.

If it was 12 hours ago, Jimin probably wouldn't know how to respond to this.

But after restructuring his world views last night, Jimin could now calmly throw back: "So in their eyes, we currently look like a 'couple'?"

And then.

And then nothing.

. . . . . .

Taehyung turned to face the front, maintaining a slight smile, but he could barely even breathe.

Jimin wasn't doing much better, his heart pounding like a drum. He clenched the armrest, silently chanting the How to Act like a Straight Male Doctrine: A real straight male is able to withstand any level of "pretending to be gay", so calm down! Don't falter!