House of Kaslana

[Time skip. Alyssa(5), Bianka(4), and Touya(3)]

(Touya's POV)

It's been two years since we've been reborn into this world, Egelion. The family we were born into is a very powerful one from what I've heard.

The house of Kaslana was founded since after the great war about 1,000 years ago. We helped the first King of the royal family build this kingdom up from the ground. We're also the most influential and powerfulest.

My father was named after the founder of our house, Kevin Kaslana the I. He was also the first one in our family to have been blessed by the immortal Phoenix goddess Aithne. It's been past down from generation to generation, which means Alyssa, Bianka and I will most likely have that same magic.

The current head of the house is my father, he's the strongest warrior in this generation.

Since I've come from a long line of strong people... I've got to be strong as well right?

Currently, I'm sitting in my father's study along with my sister's. Our dad decided that we were old enough to get a magic scan to find out what types of magic we have so he called the royal cleric.

"Alright then, we'll start from Oldest to youngest." The old cleric said. He takes out a crystal ball and hands it to Alyssa.

"What the hell do I need this for?" She asked. The cleric stared at her in shock and standing behind him is our father who facepalms.

"Once you put some of your mana into it, I'll be able to tell what magic you have." The old man explained.

Alyssa narrowed her eyes at the crystal ball, I could feel her pouring a bit of her mana inside. Once she was done, she passed it on to Bianka who did the same as well. I took the orb and put some of my mana in as well.

"Now that's done, I'll be back as early as tomorrow morning. Have a nice rest of your day Duke Kevin." He bows and leaves the study with one of the butlers escorting him out.

With nothing else left to do, I followed Alyssa into the library while Bianka left to go be with mother.

"What are we reading this time?" I asked.

Alyssa says nothing but hands me a book.

"Mana control for idiots" The title read.

"Are you calling me an idiot?" I was tempted to throw this book at her.

"Not at all," She takes a seat on one of the lounge chairs and motions me to sit next to her. "I've been doing quite a lot of research. The church in this kingdom are corrupt. So is that pathetic king."

"What does this have to do with us?" I asked.

"What I'm trying to say is that... We need to get strong, so strong that no one can try anything. Father and mother can only do so much, I know that our family has almost as much influence as the royal family but, we must prepare for the worst and hope for the best." Alyssa takes the book from me and opens it. "Once we learn how to control our mana, we can get to the forbidden part of the library."

"Forbidden part?" I'm still a bit confused but, if I can get as strong or even stronger as my father then...

"I'm talking about our families forbidden spells, ancient ones that our ancestors used long ago. Since we're stuck in this world. And once we get our mana scan results back, things will be much easier knowing what kind of magic we got." She had a far of look in her eyes. "Are you in?"

"Hell yeah!"