Stage two: You Made The Cut

Start from the beginning

Is it love at first sight?

The winner of Mushu Tokito aspirating model contest was Nezuko Kamado. The photo of her and Muichiro together was captivating, you couldn't look away. The photo portrayed itself about love at first sight, with a hint of hesitation. The boyish, nervous look, of Muichiro Tokito. While Nezuko Kamado had a determined, adoring face towards the handsome long haired boy. What would these two bring next? And more importantly, were they genuine feelings or not?

"What is the meaning of this, Kamado !" Daki aka "Ume" Shabana, the Queen Bee of their school, screeched out loud like a banshee. Nezuko and Makomo both rolled their eyes in unison at Ume's obnoxious behavior.

Nezuko did wonder why Mr. Tokito didn't choose Ume as a potential model? She had an hourglass figure, with shiny white hair, and could wear killer high-heels with no problem. She's basically the perfect Barbie Doll for the modeling industry.

Nezuko could feel Ume's judgmental glares being directed at her, but she tried to shake it off. Makomo, like always, came to Nezuko's rescue.

"The meaning of this, Ume. Mr. Tokito was available to see her true beauty, unlike you that's just plastic!" Makomo retorted harshly. All of the classmates oohed at Makomo's statement, while Nezuko shot her friend a grateful smile.

"Miss Kamado, please come here and bring your things as well," Lady Kocho said when she came back into the classroom.

Makomo signaled with her hand to ring her later; Nezuko nodded her head for her response. She walked out of the classroom and saw her mother and a gorilla man.

"What's going on?" Nezuko asked confusingly as she tightened her hold on her bookbag.

"Nezuko , this nice man is going to drive us to Mr. Tokito's building. Darling, why didn't you tell me you made the cut?" Her mom asked a little hurt.

"Sorry, Mom. I didn't even know I made the cut either..."

TIME SKIP

"I am sorry you had to find out this way, but you ran out before we could inform you. Anyways, congratulations, you are my son's new model," Mr. Tokito said in a dull tone.

"What happens now?" Nezuko piqued questionably.

"You will be offered many fashion jobs in the Akuma's clothing line, along with Muichiro as your partner, and someday you will be offered solo jobs."Nezuko's stomach tightened at the prospect of not having Muichiro by her side someday.

"What about schooling, my daughter's education is quite important," Her mother, Kie, chimed in sternly.

"Don't worry, Nezuko will be offered plenty of tutors with no charge. If she needs to be pulled out of school, I'll make sure she won't fall behind, as long as she returns the same dedication as well." Nezuko nodded when Mr. Tokito turned his head to confirm her answer.

"And this will be how much she would be paid for her services," Nezuko and Kie, both had their mouths wide open in unison at the paycheck.

"That's a lot of zeros," Nezuko replied dumbly.

Mr. Tokito chuckled at the girl's response. "Perks of working in the famous world, my dear," Mr. Tokito pulled out of his chair, which made the Kamados followed suit.

"There's one more thing Nezuko has to do, in order to get this job," Mr. Tokito said with an afterthought as he neatly stacked Nezuko's heavy contract.

"You have to pretend to be dating my son, and prove it to the social media. It's nothing personal, a lot of my clients do it to gain popularity for themselves and for my industry, of course." He finalized with a smirk, while Nezuko looked horrified at the proposition.

"I can't lie, I hate lying. Also, I want to date someone who I really love," Even though I love your son, but it's a different kind of love than what you're thinking. All I wanted was to put Muichiro on a pedestal, and gawk at him safely from afar. Nezuko thought to herself, but was definitely not keen to share that to her possible boss.

"I'm sorry, but that's the price to modeling with Muichiro ," Mr. Tokito declared.

"How does Muichiro, feel about this?" Muichiro must have given some defiance towards his dad of being forced to date her.

"My boy, he knows his place, and knows what he must do in this line of work. In fact, he did pick you after all," Mr. Tokito answered nonchalantly.

Nezuko as giddy at the fact that Muichiro Tokito had chosen her. However, a bile taste came inside her mouth on how Mr. Tokito perceived Muichiro like an object. She had this strange urge to help Muichiro in anyway she could.

"Will I have time to think this over and decide?" Nezuko asked hopefully.

"Yes, you have till Friday to think it over," Mr. Tokito answered as he handed her the contract. Nezuko and her mom was led out of his office by him. The moment Nezuko left the intimidating building; she had an instinctive feeling that she would be back.