•NINE•

Thomas chuckles and sits back in his chair, watching the omega in front of him.

He chuckles to himself and allows his eyes to scan over Newt's sitting frame. His white wolf ears are turned to face him, causing Thomas to smile due to him knowing that Newt has his full attention, whether he wants to or not. His tail flicks with annoyance and his leg bounces up and down, as if Newt was going to burst at any second.

Newt just rolls his eyes but soon turns his attention to the rest of the class who is no longer speaking amongst themselves. They all stare at Thomas and Newt, whispering to each other about the encounter. Newt plays it off as if he didn't notice and has no clue what they're going on about.

He hears Thomas let out a loud growl, everybody in the room instantly looks away and the teacher walks in. "Good afternoon class," Mr. Taylor greets.

The class replies tiredly, not caring about what he has to stay. The teacher does attendance before starting the lesson.

"Last class we covered ruts, now we will cover heats and how they used to be versus how they are today," Newt can't help but let his ears perk up. He looks up from his spot, genuinely curious about this topic.

Newt's never experienced his first heat. Omegas usually experience their heats earlier than betas and omegas, but Newt hasn't yet. Heats and ruts usually start when the werewolf hits puberty. Omegas are designed to care and be soft for others, causing them to mature earlier than others. The typical age being 14-18 for most wolves, but Newt hasn't had his yet.

He's heard how horrible heats are. People say your whole body cramps up, you sweat like crazy and the only way to get rid of it is to knot with another wolf or wait until your heat is over. Having sex over and over won't solve it unless you properly knot. Even then it doesn't fully go away. Newt's heard stories of betas helping omegas with their heats, having intercourse with them just to rid the aching feeling for a bit. Heats are much like ruts, but with a few difference, but overall it's basically the same thing.

Luckily nowadays you can take pills to suppress your heat and scent. Omegas in heat tend to mess with other wolves senses, driving them nuts and sometimes triggering early ruts for others.

Newt couldn't imagine what he's going to do when he goes into heat. It'll be super embarrassing having his mother home.

"As we all know, heats will be starting soon," Mr. Taylor says. They usually all start around the same month and some werewolves skip school to isolate themselves. If you're able to function properly, you're free to wander but it's highly recommended to stay isolated if you cannot handle yourself.

Especially omegas. It's in their blood to go for alphas, though its heavily frowned upon. They want the strongest and hottest alpha in charge.

Like Thomas, Newt thinks to himself.

His eyebrows ruffle together when he realizes what he just thought. He shakes it off and pays more attention to what Mr. Taylor is saying.

"Back then werewolves were open about it, back when we were out all living in the forest and didn't have towns and cities. They'd howl and other werewolves would come along, wanting to mate with the wolf in distress," Newt can't help but scoff. He hates how submissive omegas are. The fact that their own body forces them to want to get fucked is absolutely mind boggling.

They are the only wolf rank that all go into heats. For betas it's mixed and alphas all go into ruts.

Mr. Taylor glares a bit at Newt as he hears the scoff. He lets it slide and continues. "Now we all know that going into heat is an submissive thing, so how does it work with men and women?" He goes on to answer his own question, discussing the knotting of omega men and beta women.

Newt doesn't pay anymore attention to the teacher. The rules of nature are so idiotic and harsh.

"You can deny submission all you want Newt, but any week now, you'll be down on your knees begging for anybody to take you," Thomas whispers and let's out a chuckle. The point doesn't make its way to Newt, instead he blushes a rosy red and his ears lower shyly. His tail wraps around himself. Thomas meant it to be harsh, but Newt couldn't help but get flustered.

Thomas notices the change in behaviour. "You're fucking disgusting," he hisses out before sitting back and crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh shut up, you alphas will fuck anything in your line of sight, even a tree," he retorts. Thomas laughs quietly, amused at the omegas comment.

"At least I'll be fucking. What will you be doing Newt? Humping a pillow? Sitting on a toothbrush?" Thomas teases.

Newt starts growling, "shut up Thomas."

"What's wrong omega? Sad you'll be spending your heat alone again- oh wait, you haven't had your first heat yet," Thomas smirks. Newt is quick to turn around and glare at him.

How does he know Newt hasn't had his first heat yet? He doesn't talk to anybody about his personal life. Or anybody for that matter.

"How do you know?" He asks.

Thomas leans in, crosses his arms over the table and rests his chin on his folded arms. "I smell it Newt. I smell it all over you. I smell the pure omega on you, I can smell how you even feel omega," Thomas's eyes darken and Newt swears he saw his eyes flick up and down his body. The alpha chews on the inside of his cheek as he stares into Newt's eyes.

They're full of bratty innocence.

"Newton, face the front," Mr. Taylor pulls Newt from his thoughts and he's quick to turn back around and face the front.

Mr. Taylor continues the lesson, now talking about how long heats last and what they do to a werewolf mentally and physically.

"Good boy Newt, good boy."

____________________________

A/N I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know it may not fit the stereotypical heat/rut but who flippin cares. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!

-Milo, xoxo