•FIVE•

But for now, he remains a lonely omega.

•~•

Newt gulps as he looks up at his school, dreading the day ahead of him. He's sure that Thomas already spread the news he finally got Newt to submit, even though it was just an apology. He's going to have to deal with a lot of harsh words and evil laughs.

His ears twitch and he walks into the school, going unnoticed. It's not until his locker comes into view, that the trouble starts. Gally is leaned against Newt's locker with a few other betas from his pack. They call themselves the Gladers.

"Well look who it is," Gally stands up straight and crosses his arms over his chest. The betas behind him snicker.

"Bloody hell Gally, please move. I just want to grab my stuff," he begs, clearly not wanting to deal with someone this early in the morning.

Especially not Gally.

Newt is surprised Gally and Thomas are enemies because they sure do have a lot in common; harassing Newt.

The two alphas have always hated each other. Gally was the strongest alpha around till Thomas transferred over to their school. He managed to one up Gally on every aspect.

"Huh, using your manners now omega? I heard what happened with you and Thomas," he starts approaching Newt. "Had your tail between your legs like a little bitch," he shoves Newt back, causing the omega to stumble a bit over his own feet.

"What got you to apologize Newt?" He asks and turns Newt so his back is pressed against the rows of lockers.

"Was it his scent? Or did you like how close he was, you fucking faggot," this time, Gally shoves him hard, causing the back of Newt's head to hit the locker. He lets out a groan and allows himself to slide down the lockers and onto the ground, cupping his injury. It doesn't help either that his head is still sore from Thomas doing the same thing, but against a brick wall.

Gally just stands over him, laughing and staring down at the poor omega. Newt looks up at him growling. "You're so bloody annoying," Newt complains, rubbing the back of his head gently.

Without a word, Gally kicks Newt in the stomach, causing Newt to fall onto his side, gripping his stomach and whimpering in pain. "You're fucking lucky that I'm not bashing your head into the ground with my foot," Gally growls menacingly at Newt before walking off with the others.

Newt sits up, wincing at the pain in his gut. He sits against the lockers, trying not to throw up. It's not until he smells a different alpha before he starts trying to get up. He goes on his hands and knees and just as he's about to get up, a hand reaches out, offering Newt help. The omega looks up to see Alby; he was another alpha at the school. He didn't have any problems with anyone, and if he did, he'd defiantly sort it out.

Hesitantly, Newt grabs his hand. Alby has a fresh water type smell to him. Newt doesn't mind it at all, it reminds him of swimming in a little pond he found in the forest when he was younger. Though Alby's scent was nothing compared to Thomas'.

Don't think about him, Newt scolds himself.

"You alright there Newt?" Alby asks while pulling up Newt and releasing his hand. Newt keeps one hand on his stomach and let's the other rest by his side. He looks at Alby skeptically, not sure why this alpha is interacting with him.

He's never spoken to Newt before, Newt didn't even know Alby knew of his existence. Then again everybody knows Newt.

"Uh, yeah, thank you," he speaks with skepticism in his voice.

Alby chuckles and crosses his arms over his chest. It wasn't like how Gally did though. Alby looks to be doing it out of comfort. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. I saw what happened with Gally," he then gestures to the direction the other alpha walked away in.

Newt turns away and opens his locker. "Yeah, thanks for the help with that," he says sarcastically as he starts digging through his locker for the right binder.

The alpha lets the comment slide. "Well, if there's anything you need you can let me know," he offers. Newt shuts his locker with his binder in his arms.

"I'll consider it," Newt replies. He starts putting his binder in his bag.

"So, I was thinking-" Newt zones out as earth and mint fill his nose. His ears perk up and he looks around, frightened, yet filled with curiosity.

Alby notices the change in behaviour quickly and looks around as well. They both stare as Thomas walks by, staring at Newt and growling.

The stare itself isn't that mean, his eyes wander over Newt's face, as if he was trying to figure something out. Thomas turns the corner and disappears. "What a fucking asshole," Alby growls out.

Newt starts zipping up his bag. "Tell me about it," he says while rolling his eyes and putting his backpack on.

"Anyways, as I was saying. You want to have lunch with me and some pack mates?" Alby invites him and gives him a warm, welcoming smile.

The omega stands there stunned, surprised that an alpha would invite him to have lunch with him and his pack.

"Uhm..." Newt shifts on his feet uneasily. Nobodies ever asked him such a thing before. It had to be a joke right?

Right?

Or maybe Alby is truly being kind.

"But why me?" Newt asks, wanting to get to the bottom of whatever this is.

Alby just shrugs his shoulders. "Why not? I mean, if you have plans with someone el-"

"Fine, fine! I-I'll have lunch with you," Newt says hesitantly. Alby grins and his tail wags back and forth, happy Newt accepted his invitation to lunch.

What does Newt have to lose anyways? There's no way Alby could make him more of a loser. It's impossible. Maybe now people might start talking to him.

Maybe now he could find a pack.

A warm, excited feeling fills the omega as he pictures what it would be like to be in a pack. He can't help but let a smile break through his permanent frown.

"Great! Meet me by the change rooms at lunch. It'll be less busy there and I'll bring you to our table," Alby says excitedly.

Newt smiles and nods his head. "Okay, sounds good!" With that, Alby walks off, his tail swaying happily behind him.

Nothing could ruin Newt's day now.

____________________________

A/N IM SORRY I MADE GALLY SUCH A B WORD! I genuinely loved him in the movies but there's gotta be a villain in every story 😔

Anyways, thank you so much for reading.

Question: do you trust Alby?

Okay, that's all, love you guys!

-Milo xoxo