"I am because after everything I've done and put you through, I still want another chance."

His features soften, the corner of his mouth twitching upwards. "Do you remember what I said last night?" he asks, dropping his arms to his side.

I miss the warmth immediately. "You said a lot."

He nods. "What I said before you disappeared into the house."

I think back to last night and try to concentrate on the words he'd been saying. I was trying to get away from him before I did something I was going to regret. I now realise I was not in the right mind last night; drinking and smoking were not the combination needed to get things off my shoulders. However I am kind of thankful for last night because without the liquid courage I might not have no said anything to Jason or kissed Bryce.

I wouldn't be in this situation right now, I would still be living this out in my head instead of actually doing something about it.

"Letting you go was the worst decision of my life." Bryce reminds me of what he said.

I nod, the conversation coming back to me now. He also said it drove him crazy not talking to me after our interaction at the coffee hut. "Can we pretend the last year and half didn't happen?" I ask. It would be nice to go back to the day I first ran into him here, realising that he was now attending my university.

"What would you do different?"

I bite my lip thinking I would probably just run up to him and kiss him. Then I'd probably punch him in the arm for not telling me he was moving here. "I'd do it all differently. I'd tell everyone who you were to me and I'd ask for another chance."

"I probably would've given it to you."

My heart sinks a little, my stomach knotting uncomfortable. But would he now? "Would you now?"

"Would I now what?"

I groan, he's going to make me say out loud, isn't he? "Can we have another chance? Is that something you want...or is it just me?"

He continues to stare at me, keeping me waiting for the answer. It's almost like torture as the silence between us grows. "Why do you think I'm here?" he smiles, stepping closer to me.

I look at him puzzled that I didn't ask any sooner. We could've been together this entire time. I shouldn't dwell in the what if zone and think about the now. I'm getting my second chance now and I'm going to give it my best second chance go.

I lean in closer and press my lips to his, no longer wanting to restrain myself around him. I want the entire world to know about us and our history. He grabs my face with one hand and my waist with the other, pulling me closer.

We've barely started to kiss when loud shouting and cheering separates us. I look around for the noise and spy Nora and Nicola hanging out of Nora's bedroom window. I bite my lip to hide my growing smile.

"Get it!" Nicola claps her hands.

Bryce laughs when he looks over his shoulder to see what I'm looking at. "Safe to say our friends are on board with this."

"Poor Tyler got a little too much TMI." I mutter thinking about the conversation I'd been having with Nora and Tyler before Bryce showed up.

Bryce frowns. "What do you mean?"

"He uh kind of knows about everything. He's one of the girls." I grin.

"Poor guy." His arms tighten around me, reminding me that I'm enwrapped in his warm embrace for the first time in a long time.

I run my finger along his jawline. "I know we've only just scraped the surface, that we should talk more but I really just need to kiss you a couple more times."

He grins, nodding. "I agree, we have two years of making up to do."

Yes, we do. I lean forward to kiss him again fully intent to get my two years' worth of making up. I can't believe I woke up this morning so panicked over what I was going to do about new situation. I never thought in a million years that I'd ever get another chance to be with Bryce. My high school sweetheart. My everything back then. He'll be everything again.

**

This is the end of Emily & Bryce's story. They are still in the background though. 

Let me know what you thought!

*

Up next is Tia & Dylan

Coming Soon

# No release date set yet #