Congrats on making it to end of the term. Enjoy your night 😉 – Tyler

I stare at the winky face, the hair on the back of my neck suspiciously. Something about his text makes me feel like he's going to strike tonight or early tomorrow. It wouldn't surprise me, we both have more then enough free time now.

He thinks we're celebrating; I think he's celebrating. Well, I thought he was but what if he isn't? Maybe I should strike before he does. I have had a few ideas swirling around in my head, tame ideas as I wait for his retaliation. I could put any one of them into action right now, I could do one of them tonight even.

"Dude, get off your phone." Tia complains drawing me out of my bubble.

I lock my phone, throwing it onto the table. I step out of my shorts and jump into the pool. I resurface to find Tia in the pool now as well.

"What should we play first? Truth or dare? Never have I?" Nicola lines our newly made drinks along the pools edge before she joins us in the water.

"Ohh truth or dare." Emily yells.

Tia agrees and they all turn to me. "I mean I'm in but I have the right to refuse any dares." I remind them. Every time we get into this game when drinking it always ends with them daring me to pull an impromptu prank on Tyler. For girls who complain I spend too much time on this prank war they are awfully into making me do it.

"Boo!" Nicola and Tia yell in unison, high fiving each other.

Emily sighs. "Nothing to do with Tyler then?" she suggests.

I snort. "That's doubtful, couple more drinks in these two and who knows what will come out of their mouths."

Both girls splash me immediately. I splutter, pushing myself under the water to stop the repeated splashes of water to my face. I kick off the wall and swim to the other side of the pool away from them. I resurface to their laughter.

"Truth or dare, Nora?" Tia starts the game, grinning at me from across the pool.

"Truth."

"Do you have a thing for Tyler?" she asks.

Nicola and Emily groan. "Dude, we already know she does." Nicola complains, pulling herself out of the water. she sits on the side of the pool, leaving her feet in the water.

Emily reaches for her drink. "It's kind of obvious."

I gasp. "It is not." Is it?

"It's obvious to us because we know her." Nicola answers my unspoken question.

"Yeah, but I want to hear her say it out loud. She always denies, denies, denies." Tia teases. She has the biggest shit eating grin on her face. She's up to something, I can sniff it a mile away. Just what she's up to, I have no clue.

Nicola lifts one of the glasses. "If you don't want to answer, you drink."

I want to take the easy way out and drink but it kind of seems pointless at this point. It seems my best friends know me all too well and I don't even need to voice my current crush. However, I do worry if they have verbal confirmation, I'll never live this down. At least without verbally confirming it, I have deniability.

I push off the wall and swim over to Nicola, taking the glass from her. I take a small sip and put it down on the side of the pool. "You're only lying to yourself." Tia mutters.

"Emily, truth or dare?" I ask to get the game moving away from me for a little while.

She grins. "Dare."