Ayaw niya na nag-aalala sa kanya ang magulang. Khaila nodded her head as an answer. This wasn't new to her. It all started when she turned eighteen, rumours about her dating older guys— so she won't need to join the screening. Kabit siya ng mga Tito niya at kung ano-ano pa. Hindi na bago, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't affecting her.

At the end of the day, mawawala rin 'yon ng kusa. She's the eldest daughter of Kyst Miller. And people knew about her father's circle of friends.

"Yes, Mamu. Don't worry, I can handle this one. This isn't new…" She confidently answered.

And because she's using her mother's name, and none of them knew her mother's surname, none of them believed her when they asked if it was true that she's dating an older guy.

Hindi niya pinilit. She doesn't owe them an explanation.

Khaila chose to be silent and let the issue slide. She continued her daily routine like there's no people silently and sometimes loudly judging her.

Lumabas siya sa faculty at naglalakad lakad sa school. She was planning to go to the garden but found herself walking towards the high school area. Siguro dahil malapit lang ang office ng Mamu niya doon.

Her face lit up when she saw her crush. Yes, Khaila considers him as her crush now. She's attracted to him.

May dala itong libro sa kabilang kamay at salubong ang mga kilay habang naglalakad. She offered a friendly smile but the man just looked at her flatly. Pinapakita talaga sa kanya na hindi nito gusto ang presensya niya.

Khaila wanted to ask him why? People would gladly pay her millions just to see her smile. 

Kakausapin na sana niya ito nang basta na lang siya nito lagpasan. Hindi man lang tumingin sa gawi niya!

"Did he just ignore me? Me? Khaila Miller?" hindi makapaniwala na tanong niya sa sarili.

"Aila? Princess, what are you doing here?" Nagulat siya nang bigla na lang sumulpot sa tabi ang papa niya. "May kausap ka?" He slightly bit his lower lip.

"You're teasing me, Pa!" reklamo niya. Sigurado na nakita nga siya nito na kinakausap ang sarili niya. She couldn't help it! Bigla ba naman kasi siyang tinalikuran!

"Are you done having a one on one talk to yourself? Kung tapos na, sumama ka na sa akin sa office. Kung hindi pa, take your time?" Her father jokes.

"Papa!" Angil niya rito.

Tumawa lang ito at umakbay sa kanya. It was her turn to laughed at him when he started to tell her what he did and what made him stress one by one. Lahat 'yon ay dahil sa kanilang tatlo.

When they reached the office, kaagad itong umalis sa tabi niya at dinaluhan ang Mamu niya. She smiled softly when her father greeted her mother with a kiss on the lips. It was sweet.

She was silently wishing to have someone… who'll greet her just like what his father always does to her mother. Someone who'll accept her wholly.

She was silently craving for a family of her own as she grew older.

Bumalik lang siya sa katinuan nang marinig ang sinabi ng Papa niya.

"Our daughter should teach high school students, baby. Ilipat mo na kaya siya?" Her father suggested.

Her mother massaged her nape and answered, "It's not that easy. Besides, kumpleto ang mga teacher sa high school."

"I'll retire early for her." Nagulat siya sa sinabi ng Tita Krizzia niya. Seryoso ang mukha nito habang nakatingin sa Mama niya. "Pwede rin na swap kami."