Parallel Lines

Jungkook kept his gaze on the floor and carefully listened to everything Suga told him. He is thankful that Taehyung is healthy and living happily somewhere. A sense of comfort filled his heart knowing that Tae has started a new life, though he is not with him anymore.

It is hard to read Jungkook’s reaction from his face. It is absolutely blank and there is no sign of anger or distress in it; just the same gloom. Suga kept on trying to find a single glint of rage or surprise but when he could not, it made him feel terrible as a brother. Jungkook has shut himself down and he could have prevented it. But he also does not support how badly Jungkook behaved with Tae and punished him for things he never did. He wanted Jungkook to understand how precious Tae is and for that he needed to do it. Plus, he had to ensure Tae’s safety.

“Don’t worry hyung. I understand why you did it. You needed to protect him from a monster like me. It’s okay hyung. If you are okay with it I would like to meet him once and ask for his forgiveness. The burden seems heavy for me to carry. I promise you hyung, after meeting him this time, I will never try to meet him again.” 

Jimin and Suga exchanged glances; they expected Jungkook to get enraged and behave wildly. But he looked calm and composed and this looked a bit odd to them. It was not hard for Suga to understand that Jungkook was bottling up his emotions which was dangerous. But, he did not have the face to speak about it to Jungkook. He sighed and nodded to Jungkook’s request.

___________________________________________________________________________

“Bear, I am proud of you. This is the day you have always dreamt of. I cannot express my excitement. My son is having an exhibition of his art at the USA's biggest gallery. I am so proud!” Mrs. Kim pressed a kiss on sleepy Tae’s head who woke up giggling and hugged his mum. He has started to forget the painful days he spent in Seoul. Now he is plunged into the warmth and love he has always received from his parents.

The hyungs occasionally contact him and Jimin visits him too. He is happy about how he got a  couple of new people in his life who love him like their own. Even after that, there is an emptiness in his heart. One part of him is curious to know if Jungkook is fine. He feels shy while thinking about the moments Jungkook expressed his love. When he remembers how Jungkook used to look at him lovingly, his heart goes weak. He wants to forget everything and run to his arms. 

While another part of him cannot forget what Jungkook did to him- how he left him in the basement for no fault. How he was accused for killing a sweet person like Mrs. Jeon. His heart aches at the thought that Jungkook discarded him like an old unusable rag and did not even look back. These thoughts stop him from going back. It takes a lot of willpower to prevent himself from asking Hyungs about Jungkook. He knows Jungkook is alright and that is enough for him. He prays everyday for Jungkook to do well.

Taehyung’s days stay filled with different things; studying, making arts, meeting new people, taking care of his small family. Even after that the thoughts of Jungkook crosses his mind a few times everyday. At night when he sits by the window, the stars and dark sky remind him of Jungkook again. The way Jungkook’s eyes hold the stars and his dark aura lightens up when he smiles, how happy Tae feels when he is with Jungkook. He wants to see that bunny smile and galaxy in his eyes again. But he cannot, his self-respect stops him. He cries himself to sleep and wake up with a fake smile to face the world everyday. He is tired. 

___________________________________________________________________________

After Suga and Jimin left Jungkook was left alone in the cabin; he isn't surprise with the news that Tae is alive because he believed it all along. How he is just eager to meet Taehyung, even if it's for once. He has been praying this everyday, so that there can be a miracle that will keep his Tae safe, healthy and happy. A soft smile appeared on his face knowing Tae is alright. He is glad that Tae started studying to fulfil his dream. A piercing pain was in his heart knowing that Tae never contacted him. But he understands, Tae does not want to stay with him after he did everything to him. “He probably hates me now and wants me to get punished in a bad way.” The thought of Tae hating him brought tears to his eyes but it did not flicker his love for his Daegu boy. He has promised himself to love him till his last breath.

He does not have anything more to ask from God for himself. But he clasped his hands as his tears kept streaming down. “Please God, Keep my baby bear safe and healthy. Give him success and shower him with happiness. He must stay happy, even without me.”

Author's note: Here is another chapter. It isn't eventful but essential. Hope you like this chapter. I will try to update the next episode soon.
Dear readers, stay happy and healthy. Take care of yourself. Enjoy your day. May you get a lot of chances to smile. 😄