Chapter 34: Feminist Mafia Boss

Silas

"Malinis na ang opisina mo." Aleksei said coldly as he shut the SUV's door. We then proceeded to stride through the big trees of the forest. We were currently both headed to the place he temporarily built at the farther side of this treeland. This property is fifteen minutes away from my wife and I's house. I bought this for the sole purpose of keeping the sent killers who have valuable information about Terrence's whereabouts and so far, we have two. I ordered Aleksei to keep them in certain conditions.

"Good—" Pain stabbed my jaw when he suddenly threw a hard punch. I didn't stumble but the hit made me stop in my tracks. The familiar metallic taste of blood spread on my tongue.

"Tí sto diáolo tréchei me 'séna?!" I yelled at him instead of hitting him back. He has never hit me unless it's for a sparring round of boxing until now.

He stretched his tatooed neck for a moment and inhaled through his nose sharply as a mannerism. I spat the blood from my mouth. I then massaged my jaw using my right hand while staring at him in disbelief.

"Don't tell me I hit like a girl because I will knock all your teeth out." He growled and stepped closer, taunting me to hit him back.

Instead, I turned my head to the side and spat more blood before I gave him a firm push to the chest, which made him back off.

"I won't, åsshole, because that phrase is very misogynist." I glared at him. "I'll let Katherine hit you and we'll see you if you can still say that line."

He scoffed.

"A feminist mafia boss is what you are now, huh?" Nanunuya niyang banat.

"I am not a mafia boss."

"Sure. You have a whole loyal army of ex-combat soldiers who would do whatever you ask them to do, and you have a fúckton of money."

I rolled my eyes, still massaging the side of my jaw. Dámn, that punch stings, alright.

"Why the fúck did you hit me for?" I glared at him.

"That's what you get for killing the motherfúcker who can tell us where that bastard Terrence is hiding." He said through his gritted teeth. The black shadow of anger masking his face, like he was about to kill me.

The last time I saw him like this was when his wife died.

Now, the second time is when I killed the person who could possibly tell us where the man who tried to hurt Katherine is currently hiding.

Which tells me one thing.

"You have feelings for Katherine." I concluded.

He let out a humorless chuckle.

"You know I don't do 'feelings', Silas."

I scoffed.

"Well, it seems like you do now."

"No, I don't." His jaw clenched.

There is no point in arguing with an indenial man. He may not see it but I do, so instead of taking the argument further, I looked him dead in the eye.

"He tried to call my wife a name. That is unforgivable." I growled. He did not say anything because he knows that there is no line I won't cross when it comes to my wife.

"And why the fúck did you bring that fúcker in my home, I told you it wouldn't end well!" I said through gritted teeth and jabbed a finger on his suited chest. The trees made a soft whooshing sound as the wind blew past us.

His nostrils flared as he continued to glare at me. He knows he was in the wrong here.

"I told you that my wife will not be happy to see a bloody man in her home. She knows what I do and what I used to do. I promised her that I will not bring the filth of those things in her home. Now she won't talk to me, dámn it. I might've scared her away."