Chapter 30: Lying is Not an Option for You

Savannah

"Yes, I did." He said firmly as his gaze never left mine.

"You. did. specifically. what?" Mariin kong tanong habang hindi natitinag ang nangsisindak kong titig sa kanya. I didn't mind na tumatabing na ang aking buhok sa magkabilang gilid ng aking mukha.

"Yes, I did change your real pills to placebos....... a-and..." He stuttered and swallowed again.

I scoffed. There's more that he did??? God help me but I might actually bury the knife in his neck.

"I-I may have been also adding vitamins in your drinks and food to make you fertile."

For a solid minute, we were silent.

Dead air.

There was nothing but the soft sound of the wind whoosing outside and the obvious racing heartbeat that he has.

"Are. you. fùcking. kidding. me?" Mabagal at mariin kong tanong sa kanya.

Hindi ako sumigaw o ni hindi ko ginalaw ang kutsilyo pero ramdam niya ang galit ko.

Alam niya na hindi ko kailangang itaas ang aking tono. Those five words were enough to make him gulp.

"What the fúck is wrong with you?" My brows were so furrowed in anger that I might actually form a unibrow, and my stare was so deadly that I might kill him with it instead of the weapon against his neck.

"Everything about me is wrong." Sagot niya.

Hindi ako makapaniwalang natawa.

"Oh, do elaborate." Nanunuya kong tanong.

His jaw clenched, and without taking his gaze off of me, he replied,  "Because I am not sorry for wanting you to get pregnant with my children."

Natawa akong muli habang napataas ang aking mga kilay. This man is just unbelivable.

"You're talking in plural now." Sarkastiko kong sabi.

"Yes, I am." He even had the fúcking audacity to say that. Ugh! Mas lalo lamang kumulo ang dugo ko!

I swear, one day ay magha-hire ako ng mga Researchers. Even freaking Scientists. Then, I will make them my little research group where their main objective is to find where men find the audacity to do and say certain things.

Because in my twenty plus years of existence, I still haven't found the answer.

"You are aware that I have a knife on your neck and I could easily kill you, right?" I seethed.

"You know you can't kill the father of your children." Ngumisi ang gago, his lips were nothing but plump and a little swollen. It was smudge free because my lipstick was smudge-proof.

"I want you to get pregnant because I want a family with you and I want you forever." Ulit niya, he didn't care that the knife was an inch away from his carotid artery. "I am going to be the best father to them. I can give them everything that they could ever want in this world, and I will love them regardless of whatever and whoever they turn out to be..." He said, his eyes still on me.

Natahimik ako nang ilang sandali.

"We are discussing kids in our bed, but I am on top of you with with a blade on your neck, and with your hands tied over your head. How romantic are we right now, hubby?" My tone was laced with sarcasm, however my hands were shaking a bit.

Shaking not only because I was angry, but because of different emotions that he's making me feel at this moment, which I am trying to hide.

"I am serious, Savannah." He stated gently yet firmly, not minding that I just made a joke. "They could be a boy, a girl. A boy who likes a girl. A boy who likes a boy, a girl who likes a girl, a boy who doesn't like anyone. I don't care. I will still give them the world and all that I can, because they will be my kids. Our kids, Savannah."