veinticinco

[ chapter is probably all over the place and not my best but hey. it's still good. ]

It hadn't really settled into Riley's brain what was about to take place until she pulled up to the large beautiful home. The garden was surrounded by a white gate and it was filled with beautiful and exotic plants. A man wearing a uniform with some gardening company logo stitched to his vest pulled weeds from a bed of roses. A fountain spit out cool water in a firework form with a bowl for the birds to feed on.

Riley held her man's hand as they walked up the stone walkway, stopping at the door. A welcome mat was under their feet and she felt warmed by it, her nerves had been on edge since Cassius told her about this trip. He pulled out a key and used it to open up the house, taking Riley by surpise. Why does he own a key as if he lives here?

The inside of the home was just as beautiful, comfortable, yet beautiful. Cassius nodded his head towards the room of living, his way of letting her know which way to go. She swallowed her doubts and fears, following him, allowing him to lead her in there. She was finally meeting his mother and the way her stomach turned at the thought had her wanting to run right back out the door.

When Cassius called and told her about today, what he was planning, she paused. What woman would approve of her twenty-three year old son being with a fifteen year old girl physically and sexually? Her mother took it extremely hard and now Cassius was saying that his mother already knew her age, she didn't mind, tuh please.

A short woman with her long brown hair bundled into a tight knit bun with chopsticks screwed into it sat at a chair with a small, wrinkled but jovial smile on her face. She had light skin but it was tanned into a crisp auburn like color. Her eyes were the color of wet sand. Her nose was shaped like Cassius's and so was her ears.

Laura stood. She grabbed Cassius into a hug. She had missed her son deeply. Kissing his forehead, leaving her red lipstick stain there, she licked her thumb and rubbed it off, making Cassius playfully roll his eyes. The smile never left her face from the moment she'd laid eyes on her child. "Oh my love how I missed you."

"Missed you too mommy." He gave her a peck on the cheek, still very much holding Riley's hand.

Riley's lips twitched upwards at him calling his mother such an innocent name. She would never expect a word like that to come out of his mouth. Laura turned to her and hugged Riley as well, giving her a forehead kiss.

"I'm so glad I finally get to meet you. You're more cute than he described."

Cute.... Riley flashed a forced smile. Laura didn't know about her insecurities or her hatred for the words "cute" and "pretty", she was genuinely being friendly and nice, complementing.

"Oh my... look at your hair! The thick curls, so beautiful." Laura pulled a curl, watching it boing. "I always wished I had a daughter because I knew she would have hair like this, just look at my son's hair." Laura pulled Riley down into a seat, looking at her with wonderment. "So so beautiful."

Ah beautiful, there it was. Riley was overwhelemed by Laura's quick talking, happy-go-lucky voice and pep. Cassius sat immediately reaching for her hand. Laura noticed the small gesture, her dimples deepening.

"Maurice, love, can you go get me the pitcher of strawberry lemonade and croissants? They are on the island sweetheart."

Cassius nodded, leaving. Laura watched him walk away, love in her eyes. "My baby... You know I haven't seen him in so long. He is my ray of sunshine. I've been cooking and cleaning nonstop without my baby in my life. So glad he decided to stop by."

Riley found it adorable how Laura expressed her feelings for her son. She found everything about Laura adorable. She wished they had met earlier.

Cassius returned with the beverages and Laura poured some lemonade in two glasses. He placed his hand on Riley's shoulder and leaned into her ear. "You want something? You good?" Riley nodded, sipping her lemonade, thinking of how tasty it was.