There was a brief pause and distant voices of people still enjoying themselves could be heard.

"Can you be honest with me?" She asked, and I got nervous.

"What happened?"

"Yeji took your virginity?"

"Hm...I dont— I mean, yes."

"I knew it." she smiled and moved to face me.

"Look, I'm sorry to lie, but I wanted to be a cheerleader-"

"I don't care about that." She interrupted me and I was surprised and relieved. After another pause, she whispered, "You like Yeji?"

"Of course."

"Not like a friend. Like, more than a friend, a crush."

"I-I don't. I have a boyfriend."

"But say if you wouldn't? Do you like her?

"Why, do you like her or...?"

"Oh no, I mean, she's a damn charmer, but she's just a friend."

I chuckled, trying not to wake anyone up.

"Then why do you want to know?"

"I don't know... I'm just wondering because I think she's jealous and I found out she wrote that great song about you."

"Um, yeah. We had an affair two years ago. And why do you think she's jealous?"

"UM Hello? She barely spoke today and kept looking at you and Soobin, before she went off and fucked Soph. She's been fucking Soph since she came to the University of California."

"But-Soph is great."

"Not for Yeji, though."

"Why not?" She shrugged. "Where is all this coming from?"

"It all started when Yeji switched cheerleaders. That was pretty weird."

I rolled my eyes.

"She's just a pervert, really."

"I'm telling you, there's something about you that she likes."

"Yeah, I have a vagina."

It was her turn to roll her eyes.

"I hate it when people label her as a womanizer." She said and I felt bad for implying that.

"But... She has sex every day. Or almost every day."

"I think it's her way of escaping things." Chaeryeong said suddenly and I sat up and turned around so I could see the two of them.

"Escape from what?"

"I don't know... Life?" Maddie suggested and I started to pull my socks up to my knee because all I wanted to do was get away from these thoughts of Yeji and go to Soobin.

"Yeah.. I think they misjudge her."

Wasn't that what Giselle told me two years ago, that she's misunderstood?

"People think that just because she has good looks and reputation, she's great and her life must be perfect. But I think she's far from that." Chaeryeong spoke and I managed to put on the other sock.

"Where are you going?" Chaeryeong asked as I put on my Vans.

"To Soobin's."

"There's an alarm going off."

"Shit." I said and turned off the alarm.

PERIOD!

"What happened?" Chaeryeong asked me.