Chapter 7

Dragon Mountain

(Y/n reattaches his flight suit while standing on a ledge overlooking the utopian nest, teeming with dragons. Several babies race in to hassle Raiden and Toothless as they nap)

Y/n: Well, bud, we can't wait around for Drago to attack this place. We've gotta find him first. Hiccup, you ready to go?

Hiccup: Yeah. Let's go.

(Suddenly, thick hands clamp down over Hiccup's and Y/n's faces, muffling their screams! Raiden and Toothless whirl around to find Stoick, towering over Y/n and Hiccup. He calms Toothless and Raiden and releases Y/n and Hiccup)

Stoick: Easy now.

Y/n: For the love of, Thor. Dad!

Hiccup: Are you kidding me? How'd you get in here?

Stoick: The same way we're getting you out.

Y/n: We?

(Gobber appears in the arch of a tunnel)

Gobber: All clear!

Stoick: Toothless. Raiden. Come.

(They hurry back into the winding corridor)

Hiccup: Dad! There's something you need to know!

Stoick: Yeah, yeah, tell me on the way.

Y/n: Dad. This isn't an on-the-way type of an update, actually...

Stoick: I've heard ENOUGH.

Y/n: ...more of the earth-shattering development variety.

Stoick: Yeah, just add it to the pile.

Hiccup: Dad, unlike most surprises we sometimes springon you, this is one you'll like. I promise! You just have to handle it delicately, so...

(They round a tight bend in the corridor to find Gobber staring blankly at something unseen in the next chamber. He shuffles past Stoick, Y/n and Hiccup, dazed)

Gobber: Uh, you might want to take this one. Oh, boy.

(Stoick draws his sword, then braves into the chamber ahead)

Y/n: No. Dad, don't

Hiccup: Dad, can you put the sword away... please?

(Stoick gasps as if seeing a ghost and drops his sword witha clatter. Valka stands some twenty paces ahead of him, blocking the path. She lets out an audible shudder upon seeing him. He removes his helmet slowly as Y/n, Hiccup, Gobber, Raiden and Toothless appear at Stoick's side)

Valka: I know what you're going to say, Stoick. How could I have done this? Stayed away all of these years. Andwhy didn't I come back to you? To our sons.

(Stoick steps towards her, wide-eyed and speechless. Dragons emerge from the recesses behind Valka, hissing protectively)

Valka: Well, what sign did I have that you could change, Stoick? That anyoneon Berk could? I pleaded so many times to stop the fighting, to find another answer, but did any of you listen?

Gobber: This is why I never married. This and one other reason.

Y/n: Shh.

(Stoick continues to close the gap, mesmerized. With every step, Valka becomes increasingly flustered. She backs into an ice wall, with nowhere to go, and Stoick just a few paces away)

Valka: I know that I left you to raise Y/n and Hiccup alone... but I thought they would be better off without me. And I was wrong, I see that now, but...