001

Present day

I groggily sat up on the bed I'd become so familiar with and looked beside me where Luna had fallen asleep last night. It was odd to find her side empty when I woke up, considering she was the one who loved to sleep in between two of us. 

"Luna?" I called, just in case she was in the bathroom. 

Minutes after, I felt awake enough to make my way to the bathroom to freshen up. Luna's apartment was almost my second home since I spent quite a lot of time here. At some point, Luna made sure that I had extra toiletries and clothes at the apartment so that I wouldn't have to worry about them any time I had to stay over. 

As I began brushing, memories of the previous night came flooding in. Simply cuddling had led to an explosive round of sex. I smiled lightly at the way Luna held on to me tightly, breathing out my name and kissing me deeply as I shoved a strap-on dildo in and out of her. I remembered flipping her around so that her stomach was flat on the bed, but her ass was shot up in the air. Not to forget the way she also raised her head up. God, her back was so perfectly arched-

"Hey, what are you smiling at?" I was a bit startled at Luna's voice as I was pulled out of my thoughts. She hugged me from behind, resting her cheek against my back as I rinsed my mouth.

"Hey," I turned to face her before pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Where'd you go?"

"I was just in the kitchen," she grinned, her dimples evident. "I made you breakfast."

"You made me breakfast?" I was surprised. Luna had never made me breakfast before. The most she had done was to order something for us to eat on some mornings. 

"Yeah," she nodded, still grinning as she placed a soft kiss on my lips. "I think you'd love it."

"I'll be late to class if I stayed for breakfast," I wrapped an arm around her waist. "If I had known, I would have tried to get up earlier."

"I know," she frowned slightly. "I just wanted to surprise you."

"Trust me, I am surprised," I chuckled. "Pleasantly surprised. It's so sweet of you to have done that."

"Okay, how about I pack it in a lunch box for you?"

"You'll do that?"

"Mhm," she started to pull away, and I caught sight of her perky breasts through the silk robe she wore. "I'll go and pack it right now."

-

Zuri was my best friend in the whole world, and I couldn't imagine navigating life without her. We were always there for each other, and our bond got stronger and stronger. She knew me inside-out, and I also knew her inside-out. She was super funny and kind, and those were what made me drawn to her from the first time we met in high school.

We lived together in a comfortable, lush apartment not very far from the university campus. While I still studied, Zuri didn't. In her second year, she decided that she wasn't doing great at school, but at the same time, she had found what made her incredibly happy.

Art.

And so, she started painting to make some money. I thought it was a bold move, and I was incredibly proud of her.

"Is that food?" Zuri asked, a sly smile on her face.

"Yeah," I chuckled as I walked into the kitchen where she sat on a high stool. "Luna made it this morning, and I haven't had the chance to eat it yet."

Zuri's eyes widened, "Since when did Luna start making you food?"

"I was surprised, too. I guess she was just in a very good mood, I shrugged.

"So she hasn't been in a very good mood for over a year?"

"Good point," I nodded. "Well, I don't know what it is. She just did it."

"What's your plan for the rest of the day?" She asked me.

"What's your plan for the rest of the day?" I asked back to her because I knew whenever she asked me that, she always had something planned.

"So, I was thinking to make some fried chicken wraps-"

"You know I love those. I'm in- whatever it is."

"Hey, so before I forget. I have an art exhibition this Friday by the gallery close to Sephora. It's the one downtown."

"I love coming to your exhibitions," I squealed. "I'll be there, I promise."

"It's nothing super major, though-"

"Girl. Every exhibition you do is super major, okay?" I squeezed her in a hug. "I'm so proud of you."

"Thank you," she flipped her hair, causing me to laugh. "It's at 4 in the evening. I mean, technically at 5, because of all the formalities. It ends at 7."

"When do you want me to come?"

"Uh... you can come by 4 if you don't mind."

"You got it," I told her, and she smiled widely, "You're the best."