Chapter 5

YEAR X776

The morning day began for the townspeople. The children were playing and the adults were shopping in the markets. Suddenly a flash of light enveloped the area, and out of nowhere, Shadow appeared bloody and bruised, clothes torn and still holding his emerald that cracked. He looked around and saw people looking at him shocked.

Shadow(weakly) Ur.....

Shadow passed out on the ground and several people ran over to him trying to see if he was ok. The next morning, Shadow woke up slowly and the first thing he saw was a small red and black kitten but it was bipedal.

Shadow: Where am I?

A woman entered the room rushing in. She picked the cat off Shadow and sat next to him.

Elizabeth: You're finally awake.

Shadow: Elizabeth...where am I? And you look...older.

Elizabeth: You're in my house. You were hurt pretty bad.

Shadow: What happened to Grimoire Heart? And where is Ur?

Elizabeth got quiet as she grabbed his hand. Shadow looked nervously at her.

Shadow: Liz?

Elizabeth: Shadow everything that happened with Grimoire Heart.....was over 7 years ago.

Shadow looked at her confused and shocked at what he just heard.

Shadow: What? No that's not possible.....wait.

Shadow looked around and grabbed his cracked emerald off a nearby nightstand and examined it.

Shadow: I remember using Chaos Control on Hades and taking his attack. Did the emerald send me forward in time?

Elizabeth: You traveled to this time?! Ur said you died that night. There was nobody to bury but we had a funeral for and everything.

Shadow: And Ur where is she?!

Elizabeth: Shadow...Ur is dead.

Shadow looked at her trying to form words. He then tried to stand up.

Shadow: No I don't believe you!!!

Elizabeth: Shadow please sit down.

Shadow took off running back towards his home. Elizabeth and the small cat followed him outside but knew she couldn't follow.

Elizabeth: SHADOW!!!!!

Shadow ran full speed trying to get back to his old home. All he could do was hope that it wasn't true and Ur was ok. He soon arrived home and ran inside.

Shadow:UR!! It's me!!! I'm ok!! Please tell me you're here!!.

He looked around and saw no one was in the house. The place looked like it was deserted for a long time. He checked the bedroom and saw there was no trace of any recent activity. Shadow stood in silence trying to process everything. As he fell to the ground, he began to accept the truth.

Shadow: She's really gone.....isn't she? Ur.....I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. I lost everything ...again.

Shadow looked up and saw something underneath his bed. He reached for it and saw it was the gift Ur was gonna give him for their anniversary. He opened it up and what it was. Shadow had a look on his face, he never made before as tears started pouring out his eyes. It was a little baby outfit that read "Daddy's Little Girl".

Shadow: I was gonna be ...a father. Oh Ur, I'm so sorry.

Shadow tried to wipe away his tears but couldn't, this was the first time he felt true sadness since the loss of Maria. Out of nowhere he heard a meow next to him and saw it was the same black & red cat from Liz's home. The bipedal cat snuggles up to Shadow knowing he was sad. Shadow smiled and pet the little creature. Shadow was able to collect himself.