The final watcher was foreboding. Unlike the others, with their deep purple or grey feathers, this one's feathers were pitch black. Its robes were simple, but this only served to enhance its natural, frightening beauty. The halos and eye above its head were fragmented and glitchy, and it was easy to see why. The creature's mask crackled with energy, seeping from a large fissure down the middle. It seemed to be holding itself together, but only just.

Beside her, Cleo saw Grian's face go pale.

"Sibling Void..."

He whispered.

Cleo heard typing, and turned to see Xisuma, calmly tapping the keys on his communicator.

Void stepped forwards, their clothing billowing around them and their wings flaring out. The large wings nearly obscured the others with how vast they were, casting dark, huge shadows.

"How dare you use our power to help these pathetic beings? You aren't one of them. You were never one of them. You-"

"Oh hush, you oversized chicken!"

Called out a very familiar voice.

Cleo gasped as several hermits ran forwards. Ren, who had called out, was first to reach the Watchers, with Etho following close behind. Ren was intercepted, but Etho raced forwards, and the Watcher was forced to leap back to avoid their attack.

"Yeah... you got this..."

Cleo looked about, and saw Zed, clutching his stomach and looking very nauseous.

"Xisuma, did you just teleport them?"

Xisuma nodded.

"Figured we'd need some backup for this fight. Didn't take too long to get out current coords, and adjust them so they would attack from the side."

"Smaart..."

Cleo hefted her axe, and smiled wildly.

"C'mon! Let's do this!"

She cheered, and the other hermits cheered with her.

~ ⬩ リ ⬩ ~

"Xelqua, you know you cannot beat me, even with my injury."

Grian held up his sword, blocking Void's sharp talons. He didn't respond, focusing on the fight instead.

"You know, you should've been glad I was so merciful, letting you live after what you did. Yet you still take it for granted."

More hermits tried to help him out, but were quickly preoccupied by the other Watchers.

It was just him against Void.

"What... what did I do?"

Void let out a laugh, but this time, Grian heard a hint of pain, of betrayal, hidden under the cold indifference.

Grian twisted around and punched Void in the side, but the creature didn't so much as wince.

"Don't tell me you've forgotten this too? Really?"

Void struck Grian with a bolt of lightning, light purple in colour, and sent him slamming into the ground.

Grian coughed, and stood again. He had twisted his ankle on impact, but... he still had to fight.

Void slammed him to the ground again.

"Do you know who did this to me?"

Grian shuffled back across the ground, trying to catch his breath.