Introduction and warnings

INTRODUCTION:

Hello readers. 

Thank you for taking the time to read this book. Your decision means a lot to me.

This story is a work of fiction. All names of characters, places, businesses, Mafia organizations, events and incidents are products of my imagination and not based on reality. None of the chapters in this story are based on true events, as they are all purely fictional.

It took me a long time to plan and write this book, and I request that it not be copied as it is my original work.

This book is the first of a three-book series featuring three couples in a friend group. The other two books are Incarcerated and a yet-to-be-written third book.

His Little Obsession (HLO) is a dark romance novel that also serves as a thriller, guaranteed to leave you shivering with shock and sitting on the edge of your seat. If you're one of those Booktok girls who enjoy reading about a man's obsession and possessiveness towards a woman he can't seem to let go of, no matter how much she tries to escape, then this story is perfect for you. 

HLO is a book that contains mature themes such as stalking, murder, obsession, and betrayal, including situations involving psychotic exes who can't seem to move on from their past relationships.

WARNINGS: 

This book contains warnings. Brace yourselves for a list.

There may be grammar mistakes within the story or confusing parts, but the confusing parts will be covered later on in the story.

There are instances of violence, including graphic depictions of physical, mental, and emotional abuse between the two main characters of this story.

The male love interest in this story is not the typical character that is usually introduced in Wattpad stories. He is darker and can be quite a jerk, so be prepared for a grumpy, miserable, and even nasty male lead.

There are two timelines in this story - past and present. The past timeline depicts the main two characters during their college days, while the present timeline shows their current struggles, which are harsh and unexpected.

Get your box of tissues ready as there will be heart-wrenching situations and betrayals between the characters, including a male character's conflicted feelings towards a female character.

This book is a rollercoaster ride of emotions, with a mix of thriller, romance, and comedy that will make you laugh, cry, and even feel anger along with the characters.

There will be a course of mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, social anxiety, attachment issues, and overwhelming thinking. 

OVERALL: 

I hope all you readers and BookTok enthusiasts out there will enjoy this book. Please let me know in the comments what you think about it as you read along so that I can get an idea of how you're feeling about the book.