Chicago fire - Joe Cruz x reader

Start from the beginning

Gabby)"You did! [Y/N], why?"

Gabby whined as she softly shook her best friend by her shoulders making her laugh as she eventually grabbed Gabby's wrist from her shoulders smirking at the latina woman, it was clear to everyone that those too was super close and if anything happened to one then the other would burn the world down as a consequence, that's what true friendship looked like.

"C'mon Gabby you know I love telling that story, it was when I first met Axel remember? Besides, it was funny to see Antonio chase us until he tripped and landed in a puddle"

The crew tried to cover their laughter at the mention of the all to serious Antonio Dawson tripping and falling into a puddle, even the mention of that made Gabby chuckle alittle, [Y/N] smiled as she looked around the common area taking in the how how Gabby's workmates interacted with one another freely and enjoyed being around each other it made her glad her bestie has such amazing work friends.

7 Months Later...

[Y/N]'s now completely settled into her own apartment with her rescue cat, Plushie, she chose that name because he's so soft and he looks like a plushie cat. She's also found a job at the local community centre helping keep vulnerable kid's off the streets and out of gang's, Leon, Joe's brother, would swing by the centre every now and then asking the [H/C] woman for help with his schoolwork which she gladly helped with; in fact she helped any of the kids with schoolwork if needed.

Over the last 7 months her and Joe have gotten quite close, meeting up at Molly's after work or movie night at each other's houses, it certainly did go unnoticed by the other's that either of the two was extra happy around each other whenever [Y/N] came to visit during shift at the firehouse, so Gabby took it into her own hands to set the two up on a date.

With alittle help with the other's they managed to set up everything at Molly's before Gabby came up with an excuse to get [Y/N] to Molly's, Herrmann told Joe that they needed a hand with something at Molly's, and so the stage was set for their trap.

A/N: Your outfit above)

Both, [Y/N] & Joe arrived at the same time outside of Molly's which confused them, they gave each other confused looks before going into Molly's but soon discovered there was nobody there but a romantically decorated bar with a single table set up with an assortment of picnic food's and a note; walked over to the note [Y/N] read it out to both of them.

"[Y/N] & Joe, everyone at 51 had set up this blind date for you both because we're tired of see you two obviously flirt with one another with each other noticing, enjoy the date and take whatever drunks from behind the bar.

p.s: no fucking without protection
- Gabby"

Scrunching up the piece of paper [Y/N] throw it behind the bar be go rubbing her face embarrassed thst her best friend would right something like that but either way it made her laugh alittle, with a sigh she looked over at Joe to see he was looking around the room before his eye's landed on hers, rubbing the back of his neck nervous and slightly confused on what to do.

Joe)"So? Do you want to sit or? I mean you don't have to but I would like it if we did"

"Joe, I would like that. Besides, who would pass up free food and drink?"

[Y/N] teased playfully with smirk before walking over and taking a seat at the table, soon enough they both was eating and drinking while laughing at each other's stories or talking like they normally do, it was like an other time they met up to hang out but this time was slightly different; it brought out the obvious feelings they both had for each other.

By the end of the date they had arranged to another next week and to take things slowly before making any big decisions, but either way they both knew the other was the right one for them.