First Day Back

If Jessica Stanley ever got word that Creed Monk had spent the night in the same bed as Jasper Hale, then his life would turn into even more of a nightmare. No one in their right mind would do such a thing, as it was surely a social death wish, but he had never been so comfortable. He almost didn't want to wake up.

     The thoughts which came to him, walking into school surrounded by Cullens on his first day back, and as enough to make Creed's heart palpitate. Charlie didn't know where he'd been, but he probably hadn't noticed. By the time he woke up in a morning, his Dad was almost always gone. Though, if he ever found out, he was afraid he'd never be able to leave the house again.

There was only a short amount of time until he was going to have to face the school for the first time in seven weeks, or so. However, when he was waking up, there was a sense of calm which flooded through his body, which allowed him a moment to breathe without panic. The bed was the perfect temperature, a combination of hot and cold, blending together. It was a beautiful feeling, to wake up somewhere where he was wholly wanted, for once in his life.

Jasper had already left the room when Creed looked to his left, seeing the bed empty. For a moment, his heart sank as his hand felt over the space, but it didn't seem too out of character at all. He was an early bird, in a manic sort of way. It was still an hour and a half before school started; it looked cold outside.

     There were a neat pile of clothes folded upon the wooden dresser; he could have identified them as Jasper's from a mile away. His siblings didn't look like the type to own maroon jumpers. It just wasn't their colour. A note had been placed on the top, the  handwriting neater than he was expecting.

Creed,
You looked peaceful. I didn't want to wake you; it was harder than I thought. You're an incredibly light sleeper.
These are for you. I hope they're not too big, but I'm the smallest of my brothers, so it was the best I could do.
Jasper

It made him feel guilty, almost like he was taking advantage of Jasper's kindness, but he had insisted. He was too much of a good person, especially compared to the experienced Creed had outside his family. It all felt new still.

     The clothes were soft, again. Perhaps Jasper had some sort of peeve about scratchy material. It was nice. They were far too big, however.

     Creed found that he was lucky not to look like a child in their parents clothes, though the jumper did mimic the shape of a dress on him. The jeans were just a bad, however, he rolled them up at the bottom, which helped a little. At least, then, he wouldn't trip over himself.

Leaving the room with his things, Creed was barely three steps out of the door when Alice bounded towards him excitedly. It didn't take him very long to realise that there was no way to get out of the Cullen house without being spotted. Stealth was certainly not one of his fortes.

"Creed!" She beamed, enveloping him in a hug. "Jasper told me you were here! He wouldn't say why... Oh, I'm so happy to see you!"

"Thanks, Alice." The redhead smiled back. "Can I..."

"Yes, of course." She let him go. "I think Jasper's waiting for you downstairs, anyway."

"Okay." He nodded. "Why?"

"He wants to save you an awkward morning, I suppose. Although, there's nothing awkward at all, in my opinion."