Forks, Washington

It was raining when the plane landed in Port Angeles. There was no other way that Creed would have preferred to be welcomed back into Washington State. The air was cool, and edging on frostbitten, despite winter being long gone. It was still August.

For the most part, the journey over had been pleasant. However, part way during the flight, Creed had been bundled between a geriatric woman and a bawling three-year-old toddler. The cries of a baby were enough to make the soundest of men go insane.

The four hour travel did allow him to think more than he would usually have time for. Creed wondered about Charlie and what was going to happen when he arrived. He assumed that it would be awkward and quiet: none of their family were largely verbose. Part of him hoped that he had formed a new shell, which was larger than the last, so it was easier to let Creed in.

When they moved out permanently, not that Creed ever did, Charlie was left in solitude. As the Chief of Police, he lived a lonely existence, but it didn't have to be anymore.

After making his way through all of the different security stations, he was finally safe to leave for the lobby where Charlie would be. His cart seemed heavier now than before, and he sort of wished that there was someone to help him. Although, then he would have to talk to someone.

When he walked in, it only took a few seconds for Creed to spot Charlie in the crowd. He smiled, genuinely.

He ran over to his Dad, clutching his things, before embracing him in a large hug. Neither of them were usually particularly fond of physical affection, but found themselves to be the exceptions of their own rules. It was nice to feel comfortable with Charlie because they barely saw each other. Creed could hardly remember the last time they'd spent any time together.

He could imagine the snarky comments that Bella might make, should she have been there, but she wasn't. It was just him and Charlie: thank god.

"Hey, Creed." Charlie's voice grumbled in the same way it always did, only happier.

Creed could hardly contain his excitement as he wrapped his arms tightly around his neck. "Hey, Dad."

"How you been?" He asked, his eyes looking over his son as he made sure he came through unscathed. "You been good? Everything alright, you know?"

Charlie Swan was a very particular kind of man. His emotions were limited as they seemed to come from a reserved place. Perhaps that was why Creed preferred him to Renée: at least he didn't make it obvious who his favourite child was.

"Don't worry about me." Creed attempted to push away any of the seriousness as they grabbed a hold of his cart. "How've you been?"

"Fine... fine..." He pondered. "You haven't changed much. How's Renée?"

The redhead bit his tongue. "Fine."

To that, Charlie raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"If fine is prickly as a porcupine."

His dad laughed loudly, and seemed content. "It's good to have you back."

Hearing those words was like having the most tremendous weight being lifted from his chest, and Creed agreed, patting his dad's shoulder. "It's good to be back."

They took all of his things to the police cruiser Charlie owned. It was sort of worn looking, but it had a retro look to it that Creed could appreciate. It just reminded him of the summers where they drove for hours, talking about sports of all things. Now that he was staying for longer, things would be a bit more normal. Creed would get used to it all.