Welcome Home

Three weeks. Three weeks Creed had been stuck in the hospital before being allowed back home. There had been a few setbacks, perhaps mainly in the way that he kept trying to get out of bed, and bruising his ribs even further. Doctor Cullen continued to warn him, but it was his own doing. Three weeks was far too long to stay continually in a hospital.

Charlie visited him twice a day, every day, without fail. Renée's emails came in thick and fast, but every one of them went unanswered. Nick made the effort to call him so that he didn't feel so alone when visiting hours were over, and even Tom, who detested phone calls, talked to him.

Four times a week, Alice dragged George along to the hospital room, bringing in his homework which she collected for him. She also took the completed work back so that he wouldn't fall behind. Her boyfriend didn't seem to be thrilled to be in such close quarters to him, but lived with it anyhow. It kept her happy.

Even Connor and Buzz made the effort to come and see him a few times. It was nice, considering they barely knew each other. Thankfully, they didn't bring up his incident with the boys. They chatted with him about music, and art, and dance, which was much more his pace.

     However, he'd yet to see Jasper. Creed knew that he wouldn't come to the hospital, but part of him hoped he might. The selfish part just wanted to see his new friend. If they were friends... it was hard to tell sometimes.

     Though, they messaged every day. There was hardly a moment where Jasper wasn't checking in on him, talking to him, keeping him occupied. Creed was sure he must have been skipping classes to text, but he never pried. He was glad of the company, even if it was from the opposite side of town.

However, after three weeks of bed rest, Creed felt like it was a miracle when Doctor Cullen told him he could go home. Of course, there were conditions and medications to go along with it, but it would do. Anything would do if it meant he could go home, to his own room, and his own space.

Charlie came to get him, and packed all of his things into the police cruiser. One final goodbye to the nurses who'd cared for him was a given, and then, he felt.

The air was cold on his skin. September was over, and October had come into fruition. Still, he had expected some warmth. Otherwise, he wouldn't have worn such thin clothing.

"How are you feeling today?" Charlie queried, not knowing where else to take the conversation. "You know, your ribs and..."

"I'm fine." Creed promised, though he wasn't sure. "Just need to rest."

Walking still ached, and he wondered how he would climb the stairs and a ladder to get to his room. It was something he would have to work out quickly, because there was no way he was switching with Bella. Her room was bigger, sure, but it wasn't as homely. It wasn't a nice in the slightest.

It wasn't his.

"Your Mum wants to know how you are."

Creed couldn't help but scoff, rolling his eyes. That was a mistake. It gave him a headache. "No, she doesn't. She only wants to seem like it."

"I'm sure it's not like that." Charlie gulped; he didn't necessarily like standing up for Renee, but he did what he had to, if only to seem like a responsible parent. "She's upset about the wedding."